cheapest esbit fuels blocks - where?

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi, anyone know a cheap supplier of esbit fuel blocks (esbit only, do not want hexy or anything else), not huge amounts just up to about ten packs a time, at present i've got it to about £1.50 a pack, anywhere cheaper or is that about the cheapest likely, thanks folks.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Is there any reason why Zip (other brands are also available) firelighters can't be used? Presumably they are easier to find and cheaper

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Is there any reason why Zip (other brands are also available) firelighters can't be used? Presumably they are easier to find and cheaper

Hi Elines, though easier to source the firelighters i've tried (not sure of brand) seem to give out less heat than esbit fuel, and esbit seems to burn cleaner than hexy.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Elines, though easier to source the firelighters i've tried (not sure of brand) seem to give out less heat than esbit fuel, and esbit seems to burn cleaner than hexy.

Joonsy - ok - thaks - I have never tried esbit/hexy - I had only got as far as thinking I might put a firelighter in my firelighting kit for when it is really damp - eg this summer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE