Cheap bushcraft book ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Im going to order a Bahco Laplander from Amazon as they seem to be the cheapest source.
To take advantage of the free P&P i need to make the order up to £19.00 or over so i was having a look at some cheap bushcraft books.

Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski
Wildwood Wisdom by Ellsworth Jaeger
Woodcraft by "Nessmuk"
Camping and Woodcraft by Horace Kephart

Anyone care to make a recommendation from these or suggest an alternative.

I have the RM books.

Cheers
rb

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Those Laplanders are an amazing price from Amazon!!!!

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
they`re all worth getting ,wildwood wisdom has got a real old timey feel to it like the books you read as a kid,camping and woodcraft is packed with alsorts of info "how to rid them damn chiggers" nessmuk is cool but coukld have more and mors :You_Rock_ , get them all you know you want too :wink:

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
if you want very detailed, very practical know-how, get mors' book. it's a must have. if you already have mears' bushcraft, there's a fair amount of overlap, but worth having anyway.

if you want style, inspiration and a really really good read, go with nessmuk. the info's there, but you do have to pay attention. it's a must have, for character.

if you want a wealth of old timey info, but in a quite dry not too entertaining style, you need kephart. it's a substantial reference tome.

if you want old timey info in a cutesy slightly frightening way, mr jaeger's your man. there are probably other books you'd want before this one.

as someone already said, you will get them all eventually, and you will. :eek:):

cheers, and.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I find the problem with Amazon is if they haven't got everything you want they hang on to your order till they have.
I've been waiting over a month for an Order I put in.
Make sure they have everything you want if you are in a hurry for it.
But then you can always pay extra postage and they will send stuff as they get it
But me being a Yorkshireman makes me wait and moan about it :naughty:

:wave:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Tell me about it ,i waited 4 months for a copy of a Philip Johnson book (book was £65.00 at the time) it arrived with a damaged cover and it took another 2 months for a replacement to came.
By the time it arrived i had lost interest in it!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE