Cheap Barefoot Boots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
As it's getting to the wet season, I need to start thinking about keeping my feet dry when trudging round wet and muddy fields.

I do have sealskinz socks so I can just wear my regular trainers but it would be good to not have soggy and muddy trainers.

I don't want to buy Vivobarefoot boots as they are too costly for what I can afford. I did buy a Freet pair but sent them straight back as they were quite uncomfy.

I'm wondering if anyone has come across a basic minimalist boot option in the same way that basic plimsoles are a cheap way to get into barefoot trainers?

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
As a fan of minimalist footware I'm in the same boat. While not barefoot/minimal the rogue rb2 boots https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/544-Rogue-RB-2-Light-Trail-Boots/ have a tolerable heel rise and a fairly flexible sole. They are not the most water resistant boots (they were designed for South African conditions after all) but with a good polish and waterproof socks they are OK. The rb5 boots https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/813-Rogue-RB-5-Trans-Africa-Boots/ are heavier duty, still not excessive heal rise but a much stiffer sole. I've only had the rb5s for a few weeks so they may soften up a little. my rb2s are years old and still going strong.

Dreadhead

Cheap is difficult, unless you go down the route of making your own? some mocassins or turnshoes are a good option. Or check out soft star shoes, they are reasonably priced.

Whilst not cheap, I'm selling some vivobarefoot trackers for £100 which is considerably cheaper than retail

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Cheap is difficult, unless you go down the route of making your own? some mocassins or turnshoes are a good option. Or check out soft star shoes, they are reasonably priced.

Whilst not cheap, I'm selling some vivobarefoot trackers for £100 which is considerably cheaper than retail

wrong size for me - I need a 44. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE