Chat problem..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
theres something up with the chatroom right now (main one.. not the browse based one)

its a bit hit and miss.. the page doesnt seem to update it keeps going on and off.. any ideas about whats wrong.. Adi.. Tone?? :wave: :badputer: :?: :lol:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
also for the last half hour when ever i try to check new posts i get "Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 15 seconds." and i know gb is getting the same thing!?

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
tomtom said:
also for the last half hour when ever i try to check new posts i get "Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 15 seconds." and i know gb is getting the same thing!?
Im Getting this too!! damn annoying :shock: HELLLLLLLLLP

hootchi

Settler
I got that yesterday or the day before. When i tried to post i got "you cannot post more than 30 seconds. When i tried to search i got you cannot post more than 15 seconds and the same for checking new posts.

It is all better now so no worries for me at least. pphhffeewww!!

Hootchi

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
the clock seems to be messed up in the Chatroom too!! as all the posts are muddled up time wise!! some of them are stated as at a time we havent even got to yet.. maybe it has something to do with that??

hootchi

Settler
I noticed that in my thread on tanning rabbits. the newest post is halfway up the 'pile'??? The time was wrong when i post it aswell it said the post time of mine was 22.37 but it was only 20.37??!! I cant have been typing that fast i went foward in time!! :rolmao:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Is it just posting times people are having problems with?

is there maintenance going on or something?? someone fiddling with the controls?
There is always work being done.... it takes alot to keep the forum running smoothly, adding new features, tweeking old ones, making sure everything is working properly and in the right place...... it never stops, especially with all the new changes that have come in over the past few months ;-)

Ed

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Ed.. not sure what the problem is.. within the chat there seems to be times when the chat will not update and messages will not appear on the screen (i know this because gb and i tested while talking on another chat facility to work out what the problem was) it seems that some times the chatroom posts appear after the current time in the server.. there for things get muddled up other times it just freezes.. it seems that some rooms work when defult doesnt.. also with regards to the board it seems that for the last three days it has been freezing.. not letting people in not letting people post or preform searches.. not sure what else.

thansk to you and all the mods and admins for your hard work!!
and thanks for keeping us in the loop :wink:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
also with regards to the board it seems that for the last three days it has been freezing.. not letting people in not letting people post or preform searches.. not sure what else.
ummmm.... I've not had any of those problems so it completely slipped by me..... I'll have an ask around and a poke about and see what I can find ;-)

Ed

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
uumm ok i do hope this is not me.. some people (as they have said above in this thread) have been having the same problems.. hence i bought it to your attention! :?:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If you have problems with the forum again, can you post some infomation to help us track what the problem could be... browser type, version, url where error occured, membership level (it could be a group issue, thats why the mods, or me and carlo anyway, arn't seeing it), or anything else you think may be a factor.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE