Charity Shop Christmas Gifts

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Charity shops are a bit hit and miss. Some of them are downright expensive too. Still there's some great bargains to be had and you never know what you're going to find.

I've got a lot of good stuff from them. North Face GoreTex leggings, Hi-Tec Hiking boots and of course my hat. It's kind of nice to know you're helping the community a bit with your purchase too.

They get the stuff for free so whatever price they set they aren't making a loss, just less profit.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm sure the owner of your hat wasn't one of them though. Erm.......... :eek:

I am now laughing because I have remembered the scene in one foot in the grave when Victor goes to get some second hand shoes and when he goes to pick them up, they are still on the feet of the dead guy!!! :lmao:

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I thought that might have been it.

Actually they get very few things from the deceased, depending on the charity it mostly comes from people having a clear out of old stuff that they put out by the side of the road for collection, from people dropping off stuff at the shop or from the bins in car parks.

Some of it does come from the dead of course but then so do a lot of highly collectable items. Doesn't bother me, the dead have no use for it and it's better that the relatives donate it than chuck it in a skip.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
spamel said:
'Cos when people die, all their gear goes there!!! It's what my dad calls them and it has sort of rubbed off on me! :D
Whatever the origin of the name I just think they are pure dead brillient! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE