Prometheus Design Werx CaB-2 tote bag (quick review)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PiterM

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2009
Poland
That is really a very quick review of the Prometheus Design Werx CaB-2 tote bag. I usuallyu prefer more extensive reviews but in this case - there is no need? It’s a well-made simple product, not much to talk about actually... but it’s friggin cool!

cab2_web-1.jpg

[for the record: yes, I purchased the bag with my own money... actually couple of them]

Take 1000D Cordura and mil-spec webbing and just make it big – that’s the whole recipe, right? NOT! The devil is in the details. Materials are important so yeah, 1000D and mil-spec is correct. But also quality thread and manufacturing, so it’s good to know CaB-2 is made in USA, California exactly. It’s relatively big but not too big to be carried comfortably – on paper: 18” x 13” x 8” (just the bag). In real life CaB is bigger than you think! Here next to 28 liters SHADO pack (28L) – similar size but thanks to regular shape it can swallow even more, roughly 30+ liters depending of actual shape. The more ‘rounded’ the shape of loaded bag, the more it actually holds, up to about 35 liters (my estimation). Short carry straps for quick grab & go, longer webbing straps for easy shoulder carry. That blaze orange color of short straps is a great idea too, that way it’s easy to pair straps without even thinking about it (short with short). Also notice that the long webbing straps go around and also under the bag... that way CaB-2 is a SERIOUS weight hauler - even stuffed with fresh hard wood (40-45 lbs easily) it survived flawlessly.

cab2_web-6.jpg

What I really like about PDW’s take on tote bag is... velcro panel! It’s not a practical thing, I know, but I’m a morale patch junkie so a patch panel (4x4 inch!) is such a refreshing idea on a tote bag for me! Another (practical) aspect, which separates CaB-2 from other totes on the market, is total number of pockets. First of all huge front and back flat pockets - spacious enough for size+ paper magazines, iPad, or even hand-saw or mid-size axe (Hultafors Hunter’s Classic Axe shown):

cab2_web-5.jpg

Smaller side pockets are also well designed. That admin pocket with divided space... it rocks! It's great for small items like folding Lapplander saw, knife (fixed of folder), pen, multitool, etc. And you'll find a single-compartment deep pocket on the other side, which is big enough for stuff like work gloves, small hatchet, hammer, pliers or other tools. And just check these reinforcements on stitching on admin dividers - that's real attention to details!

cab2_web-4.jpg

CaB acronym stands for Cary-all-Bag - and it really carries ALL I need to. I found it perfect for toting kindling and bigger pieces of firewood, all kind of camp gear, ropes, tool, groceries, boots... anything! From my home to my car, from shop to truck, from 4x4 to cabin, etc. Perfect to have at home, camp, truck or daily car. And it’s really A MUST at a country cabin!

cab2_web-3.jpg

Handy stuff. I got two for myself and I gave away couple of them as Christmas gifts. This bag puts immediately a big smile on a face of adventurer, outdoorsman, hunter, etc. It’s well made, bombproof, right sized, US made and priced below $50. Get one (or more) and enjoy it day by day!

acheter

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2016
Poland
www.pishop.de
Overview
The PDW CaB-2 is a universal "Carry All Tote Bag" designed to haul your extra camping gear, overlanding recovery equipment, firewood, a trip to the farmer's market, and anytime you need a rugged tote to carry everyday items.

Made of rugged 1000D Cordura nylon, and constructed with full wrap webbing for extra strength, this simple yet highly versatile tote bag will tackle any random loads that you can fit inside it. We encourage users to stop using the plastic throw-away bags and get onboard with our re-usable Carry-all-Bag for your daily carry needs. From getting groceries, hauling firewood from your stacked cords to the fireplace, bringing your camping and overlanding gear extras, or even as a massive brass collection point, the PDW CaB-2 is designed to stash and haul your stuff. Based on the popular CaB Tote from our friends over at Tinkerwork Shop, our version features short and long carry straps, 4 organizer pockets, and also perfectly nests the American paper grocery bag. You'll find the CaB-2 to be more versatile and handy than you ever imagined. Keep a few always ready in your favorite rig, at the cabin, work shop, or on the coat hook. Available in Coyote Brown, Black, OD Green, and Wolf Gray.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE