Celtic Kindle Cover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I was asked by a member here to make them a cover for their kindle. I was given a celtic design to tool on the front and the rest was left up to me with the words; "think book of celts" for inspiration. The cover had to accommodate a kindle, and a kindle fire.

This is what i came up with. 4mm veg tan front all hand tooled. inside is lined with 1.2mm veg tan. The basic dragon design is courtesy of darksun tattoo which i altered to fit this design, jazzed up a little and added the runic inscription "The bold succeed where so ever they go" from the Saga of Magnus Barefoot.

cimg2606h.jpg

cimg2607s.jpg

cimg2608b.jpg

cimg2609j.jpg

cimg2610n.jpg

cimg2613m.jpg

Thanks for looking
Hamish

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Wow! Nice work.

I just have one query, please don't take it the wrong way or take offence, but the 2 tails on the dragon. Is that a traditional celtic thing? I know I can be a bit OCD about things but it doesn't work for me somehow. Sorry about being so critical. It is amazing work and shows your skill and artistry. You are a good designer/artist with leather that is clear.

Ignore me, I know I'm being too obsessive about things I know nothing about. Keep on doing what you do, it's good work.

Dreadhead

Wow! Nice work.

I just have one query, please don't take it the wrong way or take offence, but the 2 tails on the dragon. Is that a traditional celtic thing? I know I can be a bit OCD about things but it doesn't work for me somehow. Sorry about being so critical. It is amazing work and shows your skill and artistry. You are a good designer/artist with leather that is clear.

Ignore me, I know I'm being too obsessive about things I know nothing about. Keep on doing what you do, it's good work.

Thanks im not too sure about the origins. I did not design the dragon, as i said in the first post it is courtesy of darksun tattoo studio who offers up a lot of these designs to be used freely. I think it's like anything, if two tails creates more knots then there is no harm after all dragons are mythical so there is no saying how many tails they could have ;) All i done was sort the knits out a little and added the runic script and the inners lines. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE