Platypus & the Celtic Dragon - a Leather Flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Ok, I feel almost brave enough to stick my head over the Makers parapet..

A 500ml (1 pint) leather flask, Platypus meets the Celtic Dragon and my first go at engraving a Celtic Knot

DSCF1434.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

The inner folding Platypus flask is totally food safe, you can freeze it, boil it and, importantly should you wish, remove it from it’s leather cover by undoing one knot and removing the lower waxed linen lacing.

I’ve made this in 2.5mm natural veg tan and dyed it with Fiebings Oil Dye, it’s been sealed with Gum Tragacanth and at the mo has a coat of Ren Wax (more polishing to come over the weekend)

Just for scale the ubiquitous UKPK

DSCF1445.jpg

I’m asking £45 delivered RMSD for this one.

A plain version would be £40 and a small wait as I’ve run out of cowhide. :O

If you would like a different size (I can do a 1ltr) or a different design/artwork please feel free to PM.

p.s apologies for the pics, I ran out of daylight :rolleyes:

Cheers all
Mike

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Thanks guys, really. I try to work to very old standards and designs so they are rough, and would be worth much more if Tony Robinson had dug them up on t.v! :D

Mike

Show me the cow and I'll fold it!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nothing else to say except that :You_Rock_ and it is a beautiful piece of leatherwork! I only wish I had the funds to purchase it...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE