Cegga GB???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
he doesnt want a sfa cegga style, the hybrid hawk is being considered a bit though. its all down to cegga though, if he says he can do it we will see what the interest is like for one.
i will most likely get a lot of the cegga sfa's done (these ones http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59500&p=722604#post722604 ) because they look real nice and are a good useful axe that most people will have a use for. these, i presume, are what most people would be looking for when considering buying a decent axe.

however, lots also have these allround axes so the more interesting designs like the tomahawk should mean that most people will be interested in something.

i was wondering, how many people are (like me) thinking of getting one as a xmas present and who isnt really bothered and just wants a nice axe (or two)? i cant imagine how long it must take to make one of these axes so it might be a case of a few, or none, will be ready for christmas, and because a new design is being suggested this might take a little longer in the design and testing process (i would be worried about how thin that beard is, and the last thing cegga needs are axes coming back!).

thanks for your support everyone! i hope to get dates and prices on here very soon, but just to see who is interested for now (wont hold you to anything you say, just to get a rough number of who is interested) lets make a list. *

the list is for who is interested in getting one of these: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59500&p=722604#post722604 i will do a list for any other axes that might come into the group buy later.

1 - _scorpio_
2 -

*the "first come first serve" list will be done when i have all the prices and dates on here, because people might not want to put there name down for something which them may not be able to afford/dont want to wait too long

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You can

sadly I'm probably going to have sell a few things off soon.......

I know the feeling. Found myself with five/six Deval Bushcrafters with another two on the way. That's way more than I need for a lifetime, but not more than I want :lmao: Decided to stick to three-ish.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If its a design I like, then I'd be up for one (probably have to sell two to pay for it though :)).

The oneyou are showing there scorpio is a four lugged viking axe ;)

1 - _scorpio_
2 - British Red (design depending)

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
right, i will leave it a day or 2 to see if others have any suggestions, but if cegga can do the hawk that is looking like my second group buy option. might have to wait a little longer for it though and if here is a specific design (like head weight and beard length etc) that most people want that would be a useful bit of info too.

for the collector who has everything... hybrid axes!

1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Count me in if it's good all rounder

1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Just a thought, it might be useful to put up pictures of the axes you are referring to eg. hawk... - number them and let people choose their preferred model - the one with the highest order count gets picked.

Like i say, just a thought :)

Last edited:

Juraj

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2010
EU
Definitely want one (or two:)). Thanks for doing that.

1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj

Juraj

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2010
EU
I know the feeling. Found myself with five/six Deval Bushcrafters with another two on the way. That's way more than I need for a lifetime, but not more than I want :lmao: Decided to stick to three-ish.

Does it mean you want to get rid of one?:)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Does it mean you want to get rid of one?:)

Already have, down to my core number now.

Count me in as interested on the axe, design depending too....

1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj
7 - korvin karbon
8 - JonathanD (Design Dep.)

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Count me down as a maybe. The linked to axe seems a bit large for my needs but I'll mull it over, something a bit lighter would be more to my liking. Also, what kind of price are we talking here?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'd be very interested in the hybrid hawk, possibly interested in the other one (price dependent).

1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj
7 - korvin karbon
9 - shaggystu (design dep.)

cheers

stuart

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj
7 - korvin karbon
10 - familne

Very interested!

Cheers
Fraser

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Some more info on the Gotland axe can be found here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland

I think it would be great to have a piece of living history made by a master such as Cegga with this sort of heritage. If you look at some of Robin Woods posts, similar designs are still used by Japanese craftsmen

Red

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Regardless of design, I will be in - wanted a Cegga axe for a long time (would love it to be a hawk though!)

1 - _scorpio_
3 - QdanT (hawk)
4 - Trunks (??)
5 - Shewie
6 - Juraj
7 - korvin karbon
10 - familne
11 - DFCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE