Cegga BR Hunter Axe Swap For Quality Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I have thought long and hard about this and have finally come to the conclusion that I am more in need of good quality bushcraft knife (as great as a Mora is) than I am a great axe. Now I'm sure I will regret this at some point but needs must really so offers please of swaps for my Cegga BR hunter axe

So, what do you have?

I'm after something a bit chunky for woodwork and food prep, 3 - 4mm, scandi grind, maybe a nice Woody clone, wood scales preferable, fairly chunky handle.

With sheath ;)

I will send the axe via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and ask that whoever gets lucky does the same with the knife.

I'm going away to cry now.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Depends what you're after Matt
I have a black coated Falk. WM1 that could go to a good home
About the same value IIRC.
Never used other than to cut some paper. Bought to take to Borneo but I didn't take it in the end.
It can be a neck carry so is slightly lighter/ smaller than say a Woodlore.
As I say it depends what you're after

Cheers

Mark

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Any thoughts on the type, make or style of knife you want?
I have a couple of different knives that I could part with for a Cegga. How big is your hand that may have some bearing as a couple have slim or conversely chunky handles!

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Sorry chaps,

I'm after something a bit chunky for woodwork and food prep, 3 - 4mm, scandi grind, maybe a nice Woody clone, wood scales preferable, fairly chunky handle.

With sheath ;)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Some interesting offers so far and I will post to say that a swap has been made when that happens so until then I'm still open to offers.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I suspect Jed may have what your after, but i have this http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9243&highlight=shing

I missed out on a Cegga axe :( so i would consider swapping my Shing/RB bushy as i have a few now.

This isn't a i want to swap, its a would you want to swap, i don't think i could part with the knife but if your interested then i may have to, those axes are superb.

Sorry Jamie but I'm looking for a scandi grind - nice knife though.

i could do with a good axe matt, how about you buy the scales of your choice and i make you a knife.

bernie

I need to not spend I'm afraid Bernie hence the swap, believe me I'd rather keep my Cegga AND have a decent knife but it's just not possible at the moment :(

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Scales are not that expensive, or are they Bernie?

Superb knives btw.

And no worries Matt me ol' mucca, i didn't really want to part with it anyway, it was a gift from Roefisher and my first proper bushy, still going strong as the day it was made :D

Good luck mate, i wish you didn't have to part with your Cegga, they are AMAZING.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Shape wise I think this Shing takes some beating

looks a bit like mine!
know how you feel about the cegga Matt - i caused widespread amazement when i put mine up for swap - then changed my mind and kept it:rolleyes:
i think you might struggle to get a swap for the type of knife you want - personally, for the sake of a £5 pair of scales, i'd take Bernie up on his offer - in fact, after seeing his knives, i'm tempted to offer him my cegga;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry chaps,

With sheath ;)

Forgive me if i'm interfering but for woodwork and food prep you can go thinner than the 3-4mm, you don't need a chunky knife for those, really you rarely need a chunky knife as most of it is down to personal preference. You'll carve well with a thinner blade and food prep (especially hard veg) will be easier when it's thinner. Saying that, if you're going to be battening through bones, wood etc there's definitely a feeling of security with a chunky knife.

:D

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Forgive me if i'm interfering but for woodwork and food prep you can go thinner than the 3-4mm, you don't need a chunky knife for those, really you rarely need a chunky knife as most of it is down to personal preference. You'll carve well with a thinner blade and food prep (especially hard veg) will be easier when it's thinner. Saying that, if you're going to be battening through bones, wood etc there's definitely a feeling of security with a chunky knife.

:D

Interfere away Tony :D you're alright mate.

I know what you're saying about the chunky blade not being ideal for fine carving and veg so probably the 3mm rather than 4mm is what I'm after. It's like you say though about that feeling of security of a substantial blade for the heaftier jobs :)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I can't do it. I've had some cracking offers but I'll probably never get the chance to own my Cegga axe again but a knife I don't yet have, I won't miss, if that makes sense. I may even make my own at some point.

So apologies if anyone feels they have missed out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE