new bushcraft knife advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Mora bushcraft black
Give it a full flat scandi grind and custom sheath

Doesn't it have a zero scandi grind? What's a full flat scandi grind? And if it did have a secondary bevel, it's probably not worth the effort to remove all that steel.

To be honest I think the OP was looking for a bit of character in his knife. Much as I appreciate they're cheap, functional and practical, they will never have much character.

Moley, you know you're going to have to do the reveal at some point? :p :cool:

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
well, i was struggling to find something that ticked the boxes i had in my own head, but…..

i have placed an order with mark hill. his spear point 4" bushcraft blade was what i was looking for.

maybe not everyones cup of tea but I'm looking forward to receiving it.

thanks again to all for your help advice and comments.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
just got rid of exactly what you describe, lovely steel, also had a custom sheath made in kydex, but was soulless and not something to hand down or inspire a trip out just to use it…..

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
I am STILL looking forward to receiving it...
well, i was struggling to find something that ticked the boxes i had in my own head, but…..

i have placed an order with mark hill. his spear point 4" bushcraft blade was what i was looking for.

maybe not everyones cup of tea but I'm looking forward to receiving it.

thanks again to all for your help advice and comments.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE