new bushcraft knife advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
hi all, I'm looking to buy an off the shelf or 2nd hand bushcraft knife. i don't want to be paying lore prices or have the wait, it will be a user hence budget.

the wish list is as follows;

budget circa 125-150

scandi grind

carbon steel

3-4mm spine

traditional style like wood lore (but not) given budget

want it for a general allrounder but will carry an axe and poss mora 106 to carve in detail

i like the style of the Arthur Wright Bushcraft but the reviews are very inconsistent.

the TBS Boar is another consideration but ideally want a tip more capable of finer whittling.

i already own an Enzo Trapper, i love the grind and steel would like something that fills my hand more.

please don't say Mora, i know they are great and i do own and use them but i want something with a bit more character and old fashioned style, just because.

are there others i am unaware of that you can vouch for having actually used them?

many thanks in advance for all your help, Moley.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Check out the Swedish Karesuando knives, Finnish Marttiini or Norwegian Helle.

(Btw the Mora Classic has a lot of character and has been made for well over 120 years so pretty oldfashioned style. But I understand....)

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
Thanks for all your advice.

I have found what I was looking for and have placed an order.

the makers you recommended were very helpful and it is easy to see why they were recommended so highly

Rob, sorry for any confusion. my fault entirely.

Thank you again

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Well, late or not, Rob Evans has a couple of really nice Bushtools for sale in the Makers Market on here. If you have the cash, buy one: you won't regret it.

I've had one for about two years now and have yet to find a problem with it.

On a Ray Mears course last year everyone (instructors included) was interested in it, then, lo and behold the new Ray Mears knife appears with more than a nod in the direction of Mors Kochanski's original idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE