CC survival tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
It's a bloody expensive machete. He worked with Lofty at Trueways until something happened in the midst of time and he walked from Trueways.
Never used one, but then again i never used Loftys machete/parang big bellied knife either.

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
I love the way the website warns "You must be 18 to buy this item!" just above the price - £229.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, my cold steel kukri machete (£29) took the buddleia stump apart in 5 minutes, my little ax (£2 from the allotment shop, second hand) does the kindling, and my Mora (£8) does the rest. That makes me £190 up on the deal, I reckon.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
I agree with Maddave, I'm fairly certain this is a shorter version of Lofty's "parang" that you can see him use on You Tube. Sorry cant do url.
G

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
i HAD a lofty knife years ago and I hated it , handle was to short and uncomfortable blade was far to heavy fronted not much good for any thing but chopping and not that good at that! I am waiting for a Stuart Wilson parang at the moment, custom option at £250 ish.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I love the way the website warns "You must be 18 to buy this item!" just above the price - £229.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, my cold steel kukri machete (£29) took the buddleia stump apart in 5 minutes, my little ax (£2 from the allotment shop, second hand) does the kindling, and my Mora (£8) does the rest. That makes me £190 up on the deal, I reckon.

featherstick you made £260 on the deal as the tool was £299.00 :eek:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I think survival tool is the wrong name.If your in a survival situation then you wouldn't have one of these with you ,unless you carry it everyday in which case it's an EDC and not a survival tool.

zorro

Nomad
Jun 6, 2009
Chesterfield UK
semantics...

Um, not so sure really, I think sapper 1 makes a valid point, It's a big old lump to cart about on the off chance you might end up in a life threatening situation.

An MOD survival knife would make more sense to me, stick it in your pack and forget about it till such time as push comes to shove? :)

Clearly a Lofty Wiseman rip off, why did he embarrass himself by doing that? Is he that unoriginal that he had to copy his employers work?

I doesn't say much for him, or his ideas.

If you pretend to invent the wheel and then try to take all the credit for it, your gonna get caught out, and this is what has just happened
:dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE