catching/eating rabbit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

razzaefc

Mar 9, 2014
plymouth
ok thanks for the reply. most of the areas i walk, woods etc i wouldnt know who owned the land, its not fenced, just how can i put it, free to walk, dog walkers etc.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It is not legal for you to hunt anywhere in Britain without the landowners consent. That you do not know who the landowner is would not be a defence.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
After seeing you questions, it really would be more viable for you to take a tin of spam with you! Getting written permission to hunt on private land can be a bit of a nightmare, getting permission to wild camp on someone's land and hunt very very rare. The idea of wild camping is to just camp without permission ie arrive late leave early, so if you add armed trespass, ie hunting with out permission to this as well then, you maybe looking at jail time because it is illegal. Also you'll need a knife for the gutting and skinning so they'll have you for that as well. My advice to you is first, find somewhere to shoot your catapult, then practice every day for however long it takes to get really proficient. Then join a good gun club, air rifle club, buy some quality quality gear and get some qualified instruction and when you can hit a 2p at 35 yards every time, then start to look for hunting permission. Once you have hunting permission and you have built up a good working relationship with the land owner then ask about camping on remote spots on his land. After the landowner has got used to this and trusts you not to burn everything down, you could mention that you are thinking of taking your gun along as you've seen rabbits and pigeons from you camp and could you shoot them. Bingo you have made the dream you want to come true.

Trespass and shooting do not go together, hearing the cocking of several automatic rifles and the words " Step away from the vehicle, put your weapon down, get down on your knees and put your hands on the back of your head". Is not the thing you want to hear too often in your life. I know from bitter experience.

I'm really trying not to be too negative about this for you, it can be done, it takes lots of time that is all. I have three places that afford me this opportunity, it's great to go, hunt, camp and cook something you have dispatched your self, but after spending a lifetime hunting and doing pest control and 10 years as an Explorer scout leader, sometimes a tin of bacon grill and a warm bed are what's really needed.

Si

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Thanks Mary, it's the truth, we had been shooting over a golf course at night, lamping with very bright lights, one of the neighbours had called the police and they had sent out the armed response unit. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Still the duty sergeant got a right earful of the head groundsman for waking him up for verbal verification after we had shown him out written permission slips.
Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE