Catapults!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
Is there anyone else out there that would be interested in buying a custom made catapult either for hunting or just plinking in the garden/campsite? I am doing a cheeky bit of market research for a friend who is starting up making knives and catapults his work is superb but he is relatively unknown just now so ii thought I would chuck it up on here. When I say custom made I mean he can mould the pult/knife handle to your hand if you wish! All feedback really great fully received but please no orders or price enquieies as yet as I said he is just getting properly set up and I don't know what he will charge!

Binxie

Tenderfoot
I brought a couple over the past few years thinking I could try and use them for hunting but I soon found out that I'm a hopeless shot with them. Don't let that deter you though. I think there will still be fair demand, I think your best off just making small batches and just see how it goes. There are a few people who already sell custom catapults and advertise on youtube etc, so you do have a small amount of competition.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
I've always thought there's a niche for catapults with handles that match your knife scales of choice... So you can have a matching set. Knife, fire steel and catty.
I saw a sword peasant with matching catapult once. It might have been on here, i was very tempted with that, but it was the matching catapult and knife idea that appealed to me.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've always thought there's a niche for catapults with handles that match your knife scales of choice... So you can have a matching set. Knife, fire steel and catty.

that was smallholders specialty - he'd make a slignshot, fixed blade and/or friction folder set up - crazy prices too - I think the set I got including leather was less than a ton - the FF had brass liners etc too. A bit of a google will show some of the stuff he made but he always took down his pics way too quickly after the items sold...

I make them too :)

now you can't say that without pics...

would b

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
now you can't say that without pics...

My apologies. :)

Not made one for a year or so... this was the last
P1000870.jpg

P1000882.jpg

P1000883.jpg

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I made a catty the old fashioned schoolboy way out of a cut down Y branch but used medical grade rubber hose ( I found 12 foot of it in a bin). Is tubular rubber out of date now? What are the main advantages of flat band over tubular style?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE