Catapult Elastic. Recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hello folks. I have started to make my own catapult elastics. I am using 9x6 tubes and shooting a vintage black widow. I am not happy with the power of the elastic I bought on eBay. Can Anyone recommend a good elastic and supplier in the UK. Thank you.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Have a look for theraband gold.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

That won’t work for tubes though will it? Or does it come as that as well? I’m pretty sure I’ve got an old black widow in a box with perished tubes. Would be good to have it usable again.

Crac

Apr 5, 2023
North

Never use Theraband gold.

Gen 1 was good back 2008... (opps)

Gen 2 was ok....2013? But Chinese suppliers were starting to emerge with their own formulations specially for slingshots. China has a big domestic market for slingshots.

Gen 3 Theraband didn't like being associated with slingshots...

I'm working on a larger post, I'll follow up soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nice65

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
thank you guys. I am specifically after a tube recommendation. I've got Barnett tubes and Jack Pyke, both of which I am very happy with. I have started to make my own to save money and that's why I wanted a recommendation to buy elastic tubing in lengths. I did buy and try the surgical stuff from ebay. it was unbranded and tbh not very good. I figured someone on here will definitely know a tried and tested source, Thank you again. I am always grateful for all responses and input and learn so much from you all on here.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
good tube elastic available fronm catty shack. It took me some time to pin some down so now anyone reading doesnt have to look too far x

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hello folks. I have started to make my own catapult elastics. I am using 9x6 tubes and shooting a vintage black widow. I am not happy with the power of the elastic I bought on eBay. Can Anyone recommend a good elastic and supplier in the UK. Thank you.

Last edited:

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell

After several purchases of different tubing I ordered this from Poland. I have yet to test the blue and the green, The silver is way to strong to use but the black is the fastest and most powerful I have ever come across. The only down side is that when it is new it takes some strength and technique to hold at full draw. The bands do soften considerably with use and then they really come good and manageable. They are somewhat thicker than Barnett bands and last longer. The Barnett Bands retail at around £8.00 each. I am making a set of these for £1.50. I am on my first set that i've made and they are showing no signs of wear and tear after well over a 1000 shots. I hope this review saves someone the research I went through. I will be ordering some green and some blue band and will post my thoughts when I do. These bands are the ultimate for killing zombies, aliens and big foots. x

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE