Catapult recommendation wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not sure what the differences are, but the outlaw is a good starter kit, with a comfortable frame and also has the aiming sight band clamps.
I bought one a few weeks back and have been enjoying it, more so than my others as I can (not that I have had to yet) replace the elastic easier with the clamps, and have a more precise aiming point
Cheers. Looks good, though I like the symmetry of the Enzo.

I’ve found out a bit. The Enzo is a chunkier frame, fair bit fatter than the Uniphoxx. The pinky hole is bigger and elongated, apparently this makes a big difference. Also, the clamps allow through shooting or OTT shooting by swivelling them round. I’m leaning heavily towards the Enzo kit and buying a set of lower power bands to get my hand and eye in.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I started with an Enzo. Great little frame and great value for money!
Thanks Dan, it’s your advice above that I’m using to make my choice, such as lower power bands. I do the same with air pistols, I’m far more accurate with something lower powered.

As our large parking area and where I’d be shooting, is flint walled, I’m thinking of practicing with something that isn’t going to do damage if it ricochets. Which steel BBs will do unless I hang a blanket. I could see the campervan getting a busted window ;)

IMG_3183.jpeg

I had a Milbro a few years ago that I fitted with doubled Theraband Gold. Theraband was new, until then we only had surgical tube. Well, it made dents in things, but the things it made dents in weren’t often what I was aiming at. Longstrider kitted his catapult with quad Gold bands. Big bloke, he was putting .45 lead balls through half inch ply, bloody devastating.

Last edited:

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Long ago I knew some guys who worked in the local greenhouses growing tomatoes. They regularly poached for the pot using a catapult. They either used home made frames with box rubber or what was then the standard alloy “Y” frame. Their favourite ammunition was the counter-weights from piano keys collected from piano smashing competitions at local fairs. They had no time for the fancy sports shop jobs (and couldn’t afford them anyway)

They always said that if you can throw accurately you can use a catapult accurately.

Just saying. :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Long ago I knew some guys who worked in the local greenhouses growing tomatoes. They regularly poached for the pot using a catapult. They either used home made frames with box rubber or what was then the standard alloy “Y” frame. Their favourite ammunition was the counter-weights from piano keys collected from piano smashing competitions at local fairs. They had no time for the fancy sports shop jobs (and couldn’t afford them anyway)

They always said that if you can throw accurately you can use a catapult accurately.

Just saying. :)
Yeah, those slingshot champs on YouTube just pick up a pebble and seem to get a direct hit every time.

I’ll probably get some 10mm mudballs.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Yeah, those slingshot champs on YouTube just pick up a pebble and seem to get a direct hit every time.

I’ll probably get some 10mm mudballs.
Practice with the ammo you’d hunt with and the ammo best suited to your band set. Buy yourself a catch box so you’re not wasting ammo. Clay balls are too light and when you switch to BBs you won’t be as consistent.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Practice with the ammo you’d hunt with and the ammo best suited to your band set. Buy yourself a catch box so you’re not wasting ammo. Clay balls are too light and when you switch to BBs you won’t be as consistent.
I’ll only be plinking out in the drive, though once I’ve got my eye in a bit (and a catcher in place), I wouldn’t mind denting some bean cans. :D

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
Black widow/diablo etc is better as a nostalgia piece. It works but is outclassed by modern stuff

As suggested by lots of people, anything by wasp will be much more suitable, with flat bands will give you a much more useable and practical catapult for a good price

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
i thought i would use an existing thread and ask if anyone can recommend a good slingshot forum in the UK or Ireland. Not social media one though. thank s x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE