Casting for a Naked Survival Show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I guess it will attract students who don't have much money and are up for a laugh. Seems more like Eurotrash than anything remotely informative.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My first thought is hypothermia on the first night, followed by a nice crop of ticks after trying to sleep on a bracken bed, and how are you going to filter and boil water?
Hasn't this already been done before anyway ? I'm sure I've seen a you tube of something like this somewhere.
Is it to be in the UK? Heading for a serious disaster if it is.
TV must be desperate for new ideas!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
These shows are nothing like they portray anyway. It's pure entertainment and titillation. Mostly lonely old men trying to get a glimpse of a naked woman. No real interest in the concept.
Total joke the whole thing.
I did a YT search and it's based on the American series naked and afraid which was a complete con. They were within hearing distance of nightclubs , football matches and cars.
Hardly what they portrayed in the show.
Wonder if this is one of bear grills brilliant ideas? He must need some money by now, as he hasn't been on TV for a while. I bet he will be a "consultant"
Give me Ray anyday.!

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
I am so glad to see that this is being produced. I had long wondered what television executives would think up to entice more viewers when Ray teaching real skills lost its interest, when Bear being Action Man failed to thrill, or when groups working together to survive with only stone age tools gets a bit old. When its time to abandon self-filmed reality isolation TV, when shaky-cam cryptid hunting ceases to capture audiences and when contestants on Big Brother and Love Island cannot be ridiculed or ogled enough because they wear too many clothes.....I need wonder no longer!!

With quality programs like this in the pipeline I shall really have to re-think not having a TV license (or TV signal).
Chris, you should apply, bet they would love you on it

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
Funny, I was thinking it was just the sort of thing you would be up for. I wasn't going to suggest it to you, but since you piped up on your own...
You run, you are proud of your figure and your sense of humor and willingness to stand out from the crowd would be boons.
The days when people might have paid to see my scrawny bod are long gone sadly

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Skinny dipping with friends when a lot younger is a fair bit different from this kind of thing.
Thank every blessed thing out there that there were neither spy cams nor mobile phones back then.
Thinking on it, we'd just not have done it if there were. It's not prudish, we weren't and aren't, it's just we'd rather be quietly private. No one else's business kind of thing. Peeping Toms and Tomasinas were not well thought of.
I asked one of my friends from back then what she thought of this, and we're in agreement and we both think it's exploitational.

It's a funny old world these days, and the craving to be some kind of media influencer seems to be paramount in some folks.
Maybe they'd think this kind of thing and it's fame would be worth it all ?

There must be some applicants though ?

On that note however; I know I won't watch the programme, but wonder how many others might ?

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I have seen ( some, I skimmed through ) of the episode from the pilot filmed last year . It is two couples ( one male , one female in each team ) attempting to race 50KM through what appears to be the Yorkshire Dales . They start off naked but seem to start applying make shift clothing of varying degrees as they go .... Clips show them hitch hiking wearing a bin bag bikini and in a hotel and on a train at one point dressed in a variety of farmyard plastics and possible a sheep fleece .....

Programme might be better if it was more like "race across the world ".

I'm not sure I can see a need for the nakedness and for that reason I'm out ..... :smile:

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Seems a means for selecting less sensible participants and perhaps less experienced in survival.
To make more entertaining TV.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE