Carving knife in the hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
sorry jean

I thought I sent it and I lost it found it on saterday morning, the handle is brown paper micarta all parts are recycled,

the micarta handle is from a high voltage distribution board, the blade is O1 steel from a damaged hydroforming tooling and the brass pins are from a thermocouple.

I'm glad you like it

Ian

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Looks a bit concerning actually mate, as I was the one that sent a knife off to the address that Jan supplied.He hasn't posted at all for ages, and I've heard nowt so I wonder if he's had a problem. Hopefully not, but if so let's hope it's nothing serious.
Cheers John.

dear people,

I am very sorry for this very late reply, but everything in the last few weeks what could go wrong, well, it did go wrong...
So, I was very busy sorting things out but I am back on the track...

I received the beautiful knife from Laundith, very nice handle and very comfortable to hold and to work with.
I have also send my knife, with priority last saturday.

Here a pic of the received knife:

2814f3q.jpg

Great little user!

Again sorry for the late reply.

Best regards,

Jan

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Nice to see you're back Jan and the knife got to you.For information the handle is Hawthorn and the bolster brass reclaimed from an old tenon saw. Because of time constraints the blade is a Karesuando (I think?) shop bought. I wish they didn't come with the secondary bevel, as they're an unnecessary pain in the **** to grind back to a single bevel for carving.
Cheers John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE