Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Yeah I know what QR buckles are, usually thery're on both shoulder straps.......I am assuming that this is a PLCE british bergan, & apart from the black mesh back, top lid pocket, grommets in the bottom, black underside fabric to the straps & ,added pouches, then yes, this is pretty standard.!

It's not A PLCE Infanty Bergen... Nor is it a Tailored Infanty Bergen... It's Standard for this Bergen to have 1 QR strap and all of the other features...

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Thanks anyway, John. I only started guessing after other folks started narrowing it down.

On another note, the straps on the issue large ALICE rucks only had the quick release feature on the right strap.

Gordy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Here are a couple of pics of my roc , my wife bought it in a charity shop with a 2man tent , vango sleeping bag and some waterproofs. £20 for the lot!

054q.jpg

055gqp.jpg

Craig....................

The guardian angel of bergens was certainly on your side that day!

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
My wife earned some serious brownie points that day, it was less than a year since some little scrote stole my cyclops alp 2.
Apart from the elastic on the lid going it is still a good old pack ,years ago i took my old munro to a tent repair company and they
sewed some new elastic on and it looked like new . think i might take this one in and see if they can do the same .

Craig...............

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
My wife earned some serious brownie points that day, it was less than a year since some little scrote stole my cyclops alp 2.
Apart from the elastic on the lid going it is still a good old pack ,years ago i took my old munro to a tent repair company and they
sewed some new elastic on and it looked like new . think i might take this one in and see if they can do the same .

Craig...............

You can do it yourself, just pick out the stitching of the edging, put in a length of bungee cord, attach it to both ends, & resew with strong thread, I've done it a few times (bergen lid elastic does do that) it does'nt really show unless you examine it, but if you want that profesional look & can afford it, why not.....if you do have it done, ask them to secure the other side too, because it's probably due to go aswell....................great bag.....................oh yes, untie that webbing, your'll ruin it & it looks girlish.....

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE