Can you successfully post a comment about not using a knife without drawing flack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I was trapped in a forest 3000m up, incoming blizzard. I used my teeth to gnaw a feather stick and lit a fire by striking sparks from my toenails.

Thank goodness I never go into the woods without my teeth.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
If you are an uncouth sort who is quite happy eating their beans off the blade of a butter-blunt knife, please don't try carrying that habit out into the woods with a good knife. I did. Tongues take a long time to heal...

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
A fun challenge for you all..... Can you write a short piece to justify not using a knife in an outdoors/bushcraft situation without someone picking holes is it - now remember this is tongue in cheek so give it a blast. :D

NO!!! :lmao: :lmao: Just like wearing my watch, I've had one on my wrist from the age of ten and feel naked without one!!! I'm fortunate to have a job where I can carry some form of sharp every day!!!! :)

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Never wear a wristwatch. If I really must tell the time I take a small robot with a watch in his chest that does me. Do have a model of Stonehenge with gnomen and compass in a pocket watch but sadly nobody has asked me the time when I have carried it around. When about eight I lost my penknife that had a secret trick to prevent opening down a drain so had no knife for a few weeks.

Do not panic, I found a slightly rusted one blade penknife on the ground a few weeks later. Sadly it opened normally.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE