Can you successfully post a comment about not using a knife without drawing flack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Have you even tried using a kipper? Just like Sporks, don't knock until you've tried it. :nono:

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a pinkish spork sitting on the pan lid in the foreground?:lmao:

It is red and was forced on me as part of a "Gift it on" I donated it to South Wales Bushcrafters who also use the base camp site!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hmmm there goes my theory John's really a closet sporker. Counseling is offered at this number 0800-we-do-care

I deleted my original reply which involved the words "salad tossers" - but as you see anything mentioning the act of tossing a salad is auto deleted... well it was before!.
Perhaps I used the word in the singular and without the mention of salad....

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Kippers? Prefer mackerel myself. Really like the stripes and the light underside. It helps with the identification of the cutting edge.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
As fun as this thread is, I have chuckled muchly so thanks, should not the OP question really be " Can you successfully post a comment about using a knife without drawing flack? "

After the horrible news we awoke to this morning about the Boston Marathon Bombings isn't it about time things were taken in context?...........people harm people, they should not but they do.
( what I write now may be seen as in poor taste but i hope it is seen for what it really is) will people who use pressure cookers or advise carrying kit in a duffle bag be ostracised as those who use/carry knives with no intent of malice in their mind?

With deepest respect, Rob.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Hey Rob,
At the risk of catching a broadside from you, that's kinda put a downer on this thread. Yes those events are terrible, but I don't see the connection between it and this particular thread.

No broadside from me mate, maybe I see things from a different viewpoint, probably one I can not write eloquently but wish I could.
Should I have started another thread perhaps? If so maybe the Mods could accomodate.

regards Rob.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Ah - I see we do different kinds of bushcraft!
<snip> :):)

not easy doing this kind of bushcraft without a knife!

I'd like to find time at the end of a day to do stuff like that but never do.

I don't get out as much as I'd like so I tend to go as far as I can. I tend to do it most in lakes or occasionally Scotland. That means hills and little wood at camps. Plus I'm usually tired, too tired to safely carve or make anything. It's pitch, brew, dinner, brew, pee then bed. Early to rise and late to camp sums it up.

Not bushcraft s'pose more hillwalking with campcraft than bushy stuff. Used to whittle as a kid. I used to be a dab hand at making pointy sticks!! Centre point, off-centre, notched pointy stick...I could make them all. Then stick em in the ground and start again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE