Can anyone suggest a head torch for 30/40 quid?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Both my kids have a Petzl Tikkina and I have to say that I am really impressed with them. Especially since they were only £20 in Cotswold less my climbing club discount.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
just learnt that a friend gets issued with a Petzl Tikka form work as part of his PPE, !!!!!

if they "break" one the storeman issues another without even asking for the old one as warranty,

Apparently the enviroment in which they work invalidates the warranty anyway!!

sounds like i have a Tikka (or two) in then bag gentlemen,...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i just used an energizer head torch for 7 months in Afghan, it was awesome. it has a red filter and various strength white light and its all for about £10 from Argos...

job done............

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Forget the "names" - Argos do an 8 led headtorch, can be used with 2, 4 or all 8 leds, comfy head straps and batteries all for 9.99 - also lots in TK Max all under a fiver but need to buy batteries.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Used a Princeton Apex for 4 or so years in every possible uk weather formation... Down to -10 at one stage.

They are superb headlights, and i think the newer one has a battery pack that stays close to your body to extend battery life, not that i had any problems with the back of the head type and some decent 2900mah's.

Well known auction site in the US was the cheapest to pick them up :)

TBL.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
ened up with a Tikka,...cant see any problems with it,...just back garden stuff ATM,...no trips out planned tho,...:-( so cant give it a real test,...,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE