camping in garden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Cheers Sniper, I'm live nearer Edinburgh but I'll keep that in mind mate.

Well I didn't end up sleeping in the tent at night cause it was too cold for me! :rolleyes:

Better to wait a month or so I think till the better weather eh.

You managed to kip in the garden yet?

I did loads when younger at home. Unfortunatley not got a camping friendly garden now [chuckies everywhere - trying to rectify that though]

Still I stick a tent up with big thick blanket under for the kids to play in.

One advantage if you do need the toilet in the night you don't have to go dig a hole. Also if you forget something it's not too far away.

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
My kids love camping in the garden. They are out tonight, at least my son is, my daughter has taken my two person tent to a friends house, where they are sleeping out in it!

Last week, they both slept out under my old poncho to celebrate the end of school.

Garden camping is massively under-rated. I remember in the deep dark recesses of my mind being inspired by a Scout, who was being interviewed on Blue Peter, after sleeping in his tent every night for a year or something.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Not having a garden maybe I should try kipping on my balcony, trouble is I would wake up under a layer of pigeon guano :(

matty1967

Feb 2, 2009
north wiltshire
great idea
i camped out with my son for two nights last week in the garden to test our hammocks and insulation requirments etc..tommorow were going up the wood for a couple of nights hunting and such,hope to get a couple of rabbits and add to our foodstuff,and try out other new kit...so its a good idea keep it up.
Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE