Camping Gear insurance?

T

the bobster

I'm now the proud owner of an Arran 7 cp after much ringing of hands. Nice tent. ANYWAY, does anyone insure their camping kit? I'll be using the tipi mostly on commercial public sites and with around £1000 worth of kit left unnatended during the day was considering cover. No joy with google, I just get trailer tent cover. Thanks.

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
Just a thought but would it come under some kind of travel insurance? Also check out any sites you attends policies are regarding insurance.
Dave.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
It might be worth checking with you house insurance too i think you can cover camping kit that way but i might be mistaken let us know how you get on.

James

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Most of my kit is covered by the house insurance as additional cover away from the home. Its the cheapest way i have found to insure equipment.

we spend ages locking doors shutting windows of our home then leave a grands worth of tent in a field of perfect strangers.

Although i have never had anything nicked.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I had a load of stuff nicked from a site in Cumbria.

Aparently someone had driven round four sites emptying unlit tents while people were in the pub.

I had household insurance but the payment I eventually recieved was completely inadequate.

These days I leave a light on in the tent and take valuables with me.

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
Hi,
Our Arran 9 is fully covered under home and contents insurance for use in UK (including back garden) all year and 60 days a year abroad. We put it on the policy as a named item and the premium extra is £14 a year.
All the best
Richard

T

the bobster

Thanks for the great info guys, it never occured to me to check under my house insurance, I'll do that today. I'll also follow Richard's example of listing it as a named item. Thanks again. Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE