Camping at 9weeks and 6 days (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Morning all
wednesday was a special night for myself and Lisa as it was the first time we took Jake camping. thought you might like to see some of the photos

Jake watching me put up the tarp
dump025.jpg

He seemed absolutely fascinated watching the tarp blow around in the wind
dump023.jpg

Bet you've never seen a woodlore being used to open a baby's milk before?
dump050.jpg

The best thing about roll mats is they can also be used as play mats :)
dump038.jpg

Me getting the kettle on, i seem to run on tea even more nowadays
dump055.jpg

Me making some feather sticks to get the kettle going a bit quicker
dump051.jpg

All wood was cut using a new folding saw i had purchased recently
dump048.jpg

you can just about see it i think

Jake seemed very relaxed in the woods dozing off far quicker than he does at home
dump061.jpg

The kettle hanging from the voyaguers cooking range i made with xander and icamp@butlins last time we went
dump006.jpg

Myself and Jake watching the fire
dump004.jpg

my two favorite camping companions
dump045.jpg

Lisa had asked for bannock cooked with chorizo and bubble up stew for her return to camping
dump067.jpg

dump063.jpg

the end result bubble up stew
dump070.jpg

By which time Jake was sleepy so twas off to bed for him
dump072.jpg

Meanwhile we had another brew by the fire before turning in ourselves
dump081.jpg

we really enjoyed it and as for Jake well they say a picture is worth a thousand words so i shall finish with these two photos and you can decide for yourselves. Hope you have enjoyed the pics and not been too bored with all the baby photos

Sam, Lisa and Jake

dump016.jpg

dump042.jpg

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Excellent, best thing is they'll grow up not knowing any different.
I took my boy out fishing on the end of the pier when he was a week old. He just thinks it's the done thing now.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Sam

If you tie a length of cord to each end of Jake carry cot it would make a nice little hammock for him :)

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
He's going to feel right at home in the woods when he's older. Thanks for sharing Sam, so nice to see the latest generation enjoying the great outdoors. :)

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Great stuff. We first took our youngest camping when she was 4 weeks old. Ten years on and both her and my son are keen campers and both have their own hammocks. You can never start them too young. In our ancestor's time it wouldn't just have been a pastime but everyday life right from birth.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks great Sam... a real special time for the three of you that will be cherished for a long time :D

Glad to see the moot next year is one step closer ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE