Camp Life in the Woods - William Hamilton Gibson

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 8, 2010
Warwickshire
In an effort to start making a contribution to the site I wanted to highlight the availability of a free online version of this book. I have searched the site and have not been able to find any mention of it, which surprises me, so I've probably not looked properly.

So apologies if this is already well known, or in the wrong place.

In essence this is a hunting / trapping / outdoors book, first published in the USA in 1881.

As you would expect much of the traps and equipment had to be made from scratch at that time, although some steel traps were in use. Seems like a prime candidate for the bushcraft library.

I have a printed copy of the book and reprints are relatively easy to obtain of the internet - just make sure you get one with the illustrations. Believe it or not, there are versions that don't have them !

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17093/17093-h/17093-h.htm

Cheers
John

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
good find!

the superb (and often overlooked) downloads section here at BCUK also has a copy. most of the really worthwhile free books can be found there.

click on the home link in the top left hand corner of this page for a load of articles, check out the downloads section for a load more free books.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE