Camp Fire Tripod - Info Please ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I have just bought a fire tray for my patio and I would like a cast iron tripod I can use to do some backyard bushcraft cooking and for use when we have a large camp in the woods.

I have searched the back threads and spoke to Squidders, several times, cheers mate :)

Now the only suppliers I can find are in the USA, so my question is does anybody know of any UK suppliers or has anyone got one in their shed thats feeling unloved :p

Many Thanks

PS - today mostly at work I will be trying to locate a blacksmith local to me ;)

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
The cheap and simple way is to buy three fencing pins and a length of chain. It works really well, but obviously doesn't quite have the aesthetics of a blacksmith-forged one though.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I've quickly set up mine and it looks like this:

tripod.jpg

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Find a local blacksmith... I'm sure they could make a wonderful bit of wrought ironwork that'll won't be a garden eyesore and will fit your need (and exact dimensions) for a pretty reasonable price.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Phil562 said:
I have just bought a fire tray for my patio and I would like a cast iron tripod I can use to do some backyard bushcraft cooking and for use when we have a large camp in the woods.

I have searched the back threads and spoke to Squidders, several times, cheers mate :)

Now the only suppliers I can find are in the USA, so my question is does anybody know of any UK suppliers or has anyone got one in their shed thats feeling unloved :p

Many Thanks

PS - today mostly at work I will be trying to locate a blacksmith local to me ;)

Not hard to make for yourself. Kind of an enjoyable thing to do over a campfire.

Get some square stock, a pipe that is just large enough for the square stock to fit inside, and a couple of big tongs or pipe wrenches. Heavy gloves, like welders gloves, might be a good thing too.

Start a large fire and lay the center of the square stock in the fire until red. Place the square stock in the pipe and quickly attach the wrenches, one to each end. Twist. Repeat until you have the pattern you like.

You can also use the pipe to assist you in making any bends on the end of the square stock that you think necessary.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE