camp coffee?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i've got into roasting my own coffee recently and would like to be able to roast and grind my own when out camping. i've got the roasting side covered but i'm coming up short trying to find a manual grinder thats easily portable. anyone have any idea?

cheers
Matt

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
I could but it's become a sort of morning ritual to roast then grind it, it's much better freshly done. I'll have a go on that GSI one I reckon thanks for your help guys

cheers
Matt

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have one of the type that are a small wooden box with a hand powered crank. They work fine - about 9" cubed. I can take a picture if it helps.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
If your hiking and carrying your kit for any distance then 500 grams on a grinder alone seems a bit crazy to me.

If you're car camping then weight isn't really an issue so why not bring your one from home?
If it needs 240v then bring an inverter.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Would a mouli hand grater work? Very light and you can pick them up from car boots, charity shops, eBay, etc. for peanuts. I haven't tried one but I guess it could work and if it doesn't than you haven't wasted much cash.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
If your hiking and carrying your kit for any distance then 500 grams on a grinder alone seems a bit crazy to me.

If you're car camping then weight isn't really an issue so why not bring your one from home?
If it needs 240v then bring an inverter.

I've never been a gram counter and I wont start now if I can pick my pack up then it's fine

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Sorry cant help with the grinding side of it , and i dont blame you for wanting a nice cup of fresh coffee to start the day, i love it myself, but can I ask you and all the other guys what do or how do you use your grinds? do you take perculators with you? which I did once and got laughed off the site, I do like a coffee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE