camp coffee?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Papa Tac

Jul 13, 2012
Codroy Valley, NL, Canada
I totally get the need for fresh coffee - I roast my own as well, with a fair trade Kenya AA at top of my list right now (a roast I call Dark Heart :) ).
BTW I love my MSR Mugmate - perfect brew everytime!
But instead of grinding right after roasting (which does has a delightful appeal) I prefer to let my beans offgas for a couple hours and develop some subtle complexity/complex subtlety.
For that reason, I grind at home.
Am I doing it all wrong?
Then I don't wanna be right...

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Sorry cant help with the grinding side of it , and i dont blame you for wanting a nice cup of fresh coffee to start the day, i love it myself, but can I ask you and all the other guys what do or how do you use your grinds? do you take perculators with you? which I did once and got laughed off the site, I do like a coffee

I really like my Smartcafe Mug it works really well. I've taken percolators in the past when weight isn't an issue which is my favourite way of making coffee at home or out and about. Although I've yet to grind beans in the field I just take pre-ground stuff.

61FKr4TRy0L.jpg

I've been known to enjoy a nasty 3 in 1 when necessary ;).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE