Camp Chairs: what do you use?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I tend to use a Crazy Creek chair. They're (relatively) packable - certainly better than all of the foldy-metal numbers - and surprisingly comfortable. The downside is that you are still on the ground; that said, you can use it on a log if you need your legs to dangle.

If I'm carrying it for a multi-day trip, I prefer to take a bit of neoprene and just sit on that. Keeps the water off and your bum warm.

Maybe I'm missing a trick on the comfort stakes though...?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
A also have an aluminium and canvas officers chair which dismantles and rolls up into itself - my google fu is failing to find a picture of it but it sounds like it would be perfect for you.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
A also have an aluminium and canvas officers chair which dismantles and rolls up into itself - my google fu is failing to find a picture of it but it sounds like it would be perfect for you.

Similar to this
http://ww2-militaria-reproduction.com/shopexd.asp?id=4382&bc=no
but made from aluminium

UK_WWII_Folding_Camp_Chair_(original).jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I often use my "bushy armchair"
BushChair.jpg

or a Gelert camp chair
But since the Pre Moot course I may start making "on site"
DSCF4835.jpg

When on my "permanent" camp in the woods I have built furniture on site :)
DSCF1169-1.jpg

Otherwise a stump or bit of firewood will do :)

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
i saw a good one that collapsed and was very comfy when i test sat in it, although it was low down as no legs perhapsnot best suited when combined with beer. you put a sleep mat in it to give it padding and structure but cant find one anywhere(not that i have looked too hard)

do you mean one of these;
http://www.facewest.co.uk/Thermarest-Trek-Chair.html

I've got one and find it very comfortable; has several advantages
tiny pack size
can sit inside small tents
I find it ideal for beer drinking as distance to fall minimised :p.

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
The "Sit anywhere chair" from Go-Outdoors, there's been two other chairs of the same type mentioned below, and despite how they look they really are very comfy. I got one because after a hearty meal I like to lean back with a whisky and stare into the fire. (can't do that on a chair without a back) I just stuck it under the straps on my rucksack, it's bulky but weighs nothing. Oh, and when it's time to sleep it lays flat and gives my dog a sleeping mat.
I bragged about it so much on the last camp my "friends" threatened to burn it. And me! :)

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
I do fall into the find something to sit on brigade when I go out. However I have a couple of these (one 22" one 26") for me and the SO for photography (where they are pretty popular) and spectator events. Otherwise they live in the boot of the car. I recently carried them on a stroll when the in laws were visiting who need to stop and rest frequently. They are pretty lightweight, much more sturdy and comfortable than the non extending tripod stools but the price is silly steep, even given how good they are.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE