Cameras and Binoculars/Telescopes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
How many of you take cameras with you? Binoculars or telescopes? What size? I try to take both when I can. Usually a small Kodak camera and a pair of Bushnell 10x25 binos; If I'm expecting something really worth photos I'll switch to a full size SLR. If I'm hunting or otherwise doing some serious exploring I'll take a full size pair of binos.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Usually have my swarovski 8x32el bins when out walking.

Sold my swaro ats 65 scope as I wasn't using it.
Use an old Optolyth 30x75 draw tube scope as it can be rested against things for stability or hand held.

Panasonic lumix Tz model camera wise.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just received a little opticron trailfinder monocular and its perfect for just throwing in your pocket. I did have a full size set of bins but never wanted to lug them round.

Buntybunny

Nov 24, 2008
Suffolk
Hi, any folk used wildlife vid./still cameras to check out what goes on when you are not on location. Have been perussing fly on the wall web sites cameras and can't find info. relevant to my needs i.e. survelliance camera to check my sheep and the deer, rabbits etc. need info on for dinner purpose. Do I use GSM or cameras with SD. Any folk purchased such a camera? Kind regards BB

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Ive recently got a spotting scope from aldi £20 , i seem to take that out with me alot , and use the camera on my phone as im in the blackberry bushcraft group i share a lot of my pics on there

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hi, any folk used wildlife vid./still cameras to check out what goes on when you are not on location. Have been perussing fly on the wall web sites cameras and can't find info. relevant to my needs i.e. survelliance camera to check my sheep and the deer, rabbits etc. need info on for dinner purpose. Do I use GSM or cameras with SD. Any folk purchased such a camera? Kind regards BB

I haven't used them but Cabelas and Bass Pro both caryy the outdoor game cameras for just such surveillence.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Never leave home without my Opticron 8x30 monocular.:D

http://www.opticron.co.uk/Pages/wp_mono.htm

Got it for my 40th birthday and it has been the dogs bits for almost seven years now. I'm a keen bird watcher and a glasses wearer and I could never get used to binoculars after I started wearing glasses. Light enough to sling round your neck or keep in the top pocket of my Sabre 30.

I have a wee Samsung camera that is cool but not much use for wildlife shots and I can't be bothered carrying a big SLR any more. It does give lovely results on landscapes and close ups though.:)

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Hi there, I'm always camera heavy lol, Cannon with 50-500 lens is usaul on my walks which are requent. If I'm out for bug, butterflies or flowers, sigma 300 with macro. I also have a wee olympus compact which is usually in my pocket and of course my phone which I have never taken a picture with yet lol. I like my birding and wildlife so my trusty leica bins are always around my neck.
I used to take my leica scope and a nikon coolpix or digiscoping before I got the cannon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE