Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Not had a bad Christmas, got a snugpak responce pak, very handy. Also one of those ali clamp shut water tight tins like you have. and I'm waiting on a mora crook spoon knife 164. Just so a can give spoon carving a go. I'm in two minds to buy a snugpak sleeper lite sleeping bag to bring my pack size down a bit. I love my MoD sleeping bag but its far to big for my Sabre 45 setup. Anyway I hope we get some dates sorted soon for Abington.

Cheers

Rick

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
Where abouts do you Cambridge lads go to practice your bushcraft? I live in Newmarket and there is a woodland up the top of the heath, other than that I think Thetford is the best bet, looking for new people and places to share this hobby :)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Where abouts do you Cambridge lads go to practice your bushcraft? I live in Newmarket and there is a woodland up the top of the heath, other than that I think Thetford is the best bet, looking for new people and places to share this hobby :)

Little Abbington near Cambridge.The links http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30871&page=16 all the way back at post 22 (I think) and Norwich http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30784 but everyone's always looking for new places if you find any

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
Little Abbington near Cambridge.The links http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30871&page=16 all the way back at post 22 (I think) and Norwich http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30784 but everyone's always looking for new places if you find any

Thanks for the links mate, I would be interested in one of the meets if its possible when you guys next meet, there are loads of places in Suffolk, as I said earlier Thetford forest is a good place, however I do not think you can sleep in the woods or have fires but you have go to the camp sites and have fires there.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Not bad for first go:-

spoon.jpg

;)

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
I've come across a site that we could have a camp at. On the nene river so I could introduce you to a bit of open canoeing if ur up for it. Fires allowed and a bit of a wood to forrage from. Not sure about hamocking in the wood its probably too small. £1 a night no toilets(dig ur own) or running water(bring ur own) a super little site we could have a meet at - It's at Yarwell near Peterborough what do you guys think?

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
I like the sound of that Guru including the canoeing bit :)
As a BC newbie it's close enough for me to do a little recce to see what I need to take.

Marc

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I'm in, depending on the dates. only about 10 minutes from my house so if you do need more water, loo etc then I can let you have the use of my house.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Not had a bad Christmas, got a snugpak responce pak, very handy. Also one of those ali clamp shut water tight tins like you have. and I'm waiting on a mora crook spoon knife 164. Just so a can give spoon carving a go. I'm in two minds to buy a snugpak sleeper lite sleeping bag to bring my pack size down a bit. I love my MoD sleeping bag but its far to big for my Sabre 45 setup. Anyway I hope we get some dates sorted soon for Abington.

Cheers

Rick

Got myself the Snugpak lite, not had chance to field test it as of yet but it does pack down to around 25cm x 25 cm, not bad for an entry level bag with a comfort rating of 0c extreme -7c I know there is no set standard and the ratings you can take with a pinch of salt but for the money and size I think its a great buy.

PS no where as near as big as the MoD bag but half the size so Im very pleased. I will let you all know how warm I found it as soon as I've been out and about.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
As ever, I'm interested, but likely to be stymied by other commitments. I'll wait and see what date it is...

Next Meet: February: Sat 19th (10:00am) - 20th (4:30pm)

Welcome ukbushmonkey, effzedess, shep, realbark. Great to see some new active Bush people on here interested in the Bushcrafters of Cambridgeshire section. :D

So Guys, sorry its taken a few weeks to get these dates sorted for Little Abington, Im glad to see your all keen to get out into the fresh air after Christmas. As discussed at the last meet, to follow in the tracks of other popular sites around the U.K, this year we are going for a block booking so you can get a little more organised on dates in advance. I've now booked with Tony the follow dates for 2011. I will have a definite written confirmation in the next few days. October is the only date which needs looking at by Tony as he is getting heavily booked up this year. For the February date, the usual Sycamore field is booked, so he will put us in one of the other fields. (possibly the Willow field down by the stream! :))

So get your names down guys if your on for Feb, and take a look at your diaries and pencil in the others. Look forward to seeing you all there, and any new comers are more than welcome. Its a great site for Bushcrafting, and a great bunch of friendly members who attend. Check out the links at the bottom of this post for further info on our happenings. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_1572bsmall.jpg

BUSHCRAFTERS OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE
at
LITTLE ABINGTON

Little+Abington+Logo+Badge+Small.jpg
BCUK+Logo+Badge+Small.jpg

Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Sat-Sun
:campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire::campfire:

2011 MEET DATES

February: Sat 19th (10:00am) - 20th (4:30pm)
April: Sat 16th (10:00am) - 17th (4:30pm)
June: Sat 11th (10:00am) - 12th (4:30pm)
August: Sat 20th (10:00am) - 21st (4:30pm)
October: Sat 8th (10:00am) - 9th (4:30pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at WolfCrafters introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..
YouTube Video Introduction of Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire
WolfCrafter Blog Photos of Bush Meets
Little Abington Scout Camp main website

group.jpg

Please PM WolfCrafter for a list of site rules and a disclamer form!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE