Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
Hi Eel28!
I live just down the road from Letchworth. So it'll be cool to visit the site next time there's a meet!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Hey SRC,

If your talking about the science museum in london, then its only a day affair. You would be more than welcome to call in, either after and pitch up for the night or just for the day on sunday? At £3 a day it might be worth thinkign of, but up to you.

Be nice to meet some more folkes.

As an aside we need someone to step up and arrange the next meets - i am going abroad for at least 2 months and may not be coming back (fingers crossed) so unlikely to be booking these for the future, it loks like there are quite a few people interested around the area and be a shame to let it dwindle.

cheers

Tim

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hiya Cambridge dudes

Quick heads up that SWMBO just pointed out to me ;)

St Ives college are doing a whole range of courses but of particular interest to us is, basket weaving with willow. Fisrst one is 12/2/11 then another on 21/5/11. They are one day each from 1000-1700 and cost £40.00

I am away for the first one, (sand again) but here for the May one and will be doing that.

I can't do the 12 Nov as it is weekend b4 I go away :(

Cheers
Craeg
And guess who's been booked there last week and this week as a consultant? :rolleyes:

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Kev - how is the consulting going? Are you now about this weekend or planning to be at the Norich meet?

As for trips to Norway Wolf (and others) i am hoping, that i will have someplace to do my own workships/camping etc small scale but consider it an open invite!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Going good. The teacher I'm supporting has gone from a grade 4 to a grade 2 in a week (still someway to go but getting there)
I'm going to Norwich on Saturday but may be able to get to Cambridge Sunday. If so I'll bring some new toys to show

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I take it the meet is still on? Be good to catch up with Tim and wolfcrafter and the rest of the gang. gonna use an underblacket(ponch liner) on my hammock to see if that works okay. I hope its not to cold. Tim got the big kettle as promised last time so we will not have any problems making a brew for the whole gang.

See you all then

Cheers

Rick

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
yip all systems go!
Wolf are your extra buddies joining us do you know?

It might be a bit damp.....

Be grand to catch up - hope Kev makes it on the sunday too

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got me a new toy to try out... A Polish Lavvu. Pitched it in garden seems ok. Think it will be wet weekend though! I'm definitely bringing the big Lavvu too so at least have some group shelter if it chucks it down.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Big Lavvu - Much appreciated, i will be looking at it with much interest might be looking for something broadly like iit - not quite sure as yet.

I will try to be on the site by 10.00, i assume everyone knows where it is - if youve not been there before the turning can creep up on you!

Reminder please for people to have money and pay upfront then i can give the money to the warden - saves him having to cash a cheque later on!

Anyone got things/projects they intend to have a go at?

Looks like saturday will be decent weather but a little damp sunday

:)

Last edited:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
As an aside we need someone to step up and arrange the next meets - i am going abroad for at least 2 months and may not be coming back (fingers crossed) so unlikely to be booking these for the future, it loks like there are quite a few people interested around the area and be a shame to let it dwindle.

Hope all goes well for you Tim, I wish you all the best and would like to thank you for all the organisation of these meets so far :)

Shame I can't make it this weekend to say that to you in person.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Hey eel - no worries, i will still be lurking about in the forum and im not joking about hoping people might be able to come over for visits!.. although admittedly i do need to find the house with the workshop and the woods first....

Shame you cant come down this weekend though

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Guys

I can't make this - they always end up being canoe trip days (thats life I supoose) I'm off to windy Wales to do my 4Star prep - Hope you have a good one!!

Lee, it's the first one your not going to be there! :0( see you next time!
Great to see your coming Ricky, long time no see! Good luck Guru!
Jason is on Tim (Redwood) Dale hasn't got back to me yet, so a no from him!

Carving some Sycamore and cooking some yum dishes.. With intermediate poking of fire & general chit chat!.. Ooo might have a go at some bread making!!.. Might!!!

P.s I'm now armed with a mini tripod and better HDR Photo/HD video capabilities.. Smile & Cheese please!! :0)

Last edited:

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Redwood - more the merrier.

Wolf i might see if i can borrow folkes to help me make a few bits and peices - but we see how it goes..sycamore is a good wood for carving, nice and easy and food friendly too!

Talking of food i can bring some fry up type gubbins for sunday brunch (bacon and sos), was thinking of doing some soda bread, but think i have to many ideas and not enough time. Could do a combined stew etc saturday evening so i will bring some fresh stuff and see what we can cobble together.

Ill be heading home to see the boxing sat night (yeah i know i never camp!) so can bring any supplies needed on sunday.

Shame you cant make it gearguru (chris) have fun in Wales, canoing does sound nice too!

final plea if anyone does have some reasonable (Kuksa) sized bits of green wood please bring along - i am all out! although have some oak if anyone wats some bits of longship ;-)

Got mine in the car to use the weekend Tim! (got DIY to do Monday!)

I am doing a fish soup/stew sat night, I'm trying to repeat a recipe we done at North Wood meet that was the best iv ever tasted!! You could buff that out with more stuff.. Or keep em separate if people don't like fish.. Def room for loads to cook on my Fire Alter!!

Got the Sycamore for just that purpose, a bowl/plate that doubles as a chopping board!! Almost complete, just a bit more love required!! :0)

Last edited:

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Got some wood today, a bootfull!!! A lot is greenish and maybe have a Kuksa size in fruit wood, may be too small though. A lot good for burning too. Will arrive probably late morning if I can find the place! Passport and driving license(both parts) good enough ID? Bringing way too much stuff what with Lavvu, Polish mini Lavvu and backup in case Polish thing leaks!

Great Lewis, right, as you turn off the A11 onto the A1307 Eastbound, go past the first turning on right (services) take the second right half a mile down. (Abingtons, high st) Couple hundred yards, a sort of T junction where the high st bares left, take the right hook into church lane. The next left is church close, (that's a dead end coal-de-sac with bungalows, don't take that) but about 25 yards on the left after church close is the narrow site enterance, dirt track and a little scout logo to lookout for!

Easy really!! ;0)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE