Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just got this Free day out in Peterborough all welcome - Recommend it as been on a few myself goodjob
Family Fun in Bretton Woods With Forest for Peterborough - Woodland Heritage Family Fun in Bretton Woods, Saturday 30th May, 10am-4pm, woods off Essendyke PE3 8JD. Contact Matthew on 07736 308475 to find out more. Date: Sat 30th May, 2015 Time: 10:00 - 16:00 Venue: See class details for meeting point - See more at: http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/teacher/3778#sthash.tHpRVGQU.dpuf

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Nice to see Will yesterday (left him there in the end until about 8pm as I started to suffer again. Laid on the bed shortly after I got home until gone 10am this morning). If anyone else fancies a stop over as long as I tell the owner it's no problem

Got a bit overgrown

although someone had been in and took the door off of one of the barrels and squashed the grill one. Made a little hideaway (which we used) by hacking branches off of some field maples and rearranging the bricks in a classic cowboy fire surround (couldn't work out how to use the barrels?). Left loads of Birch curls, etc we used for our fire, after straightening the barrels. The one with the door missing wasn't so good as it roared to much and used to much wood with very little ember bed or ash left

left a nice bar to lean on and hang our coats on ( good for a lean to shelter as well

Good news is the oak I found ringed,

isn't dead

and the canopies filled in (might control the 5' stingers we had to go through

another day soon. Remember if you want to go down text me so I can clear it with the owner if I'm still unable to go

Last edited:

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place, just thought I'd say hello to the Cambridgeshire lot, I hope to be going to university there in October, and I'd love to find out more about the locale,

Cheers, Lewis

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hi Lewis welcome to Cambridge there are some great places to visit in and around the town. We (the royal we) don't have many permissions but some of the guys have access to some nice little places

Sent from somewhere?

Jul 21, 2014
Chatteris
Hi

New to the forum love bushcraft and live in Chatteris, would like to find out more about places where i can go in the surrounding area or meets i could join.
Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Wes

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Hi

New to the forum love bushcraft and live in Chatteris, would like to find out more about places where i can go in the surrounding area or meets i could join.
Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Wes
Yo dude.
I've got access to about 5 acres of private woodland and Leighs got about 20. We go pretty ad hoc as I've not been too well lately.
Leigh generally is out al least once a month ;)

Jul 21, 2014
Chatteris
Hi

Thats sounds great would it be possible to gain use of these areas or join a meet sometime.

Thanks Wes

Sorry for posting twice didn't think it posted the first one!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE