Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
They sure are/were sent me this email on 17-04-15 at 14:34. Replied by 14:35 :rofl:

Kev,

During the year we run training courses for members of the Frontier Bushcraft instructional team.

This gives our team the opportunity to develop their skills, including their outdoor leadership and teaching skills.

In order to make these elements as authentic as possible we use 'mock' students so that the candidates can accurately display their instructional abilities in a realistic context.

On Friday 1st May we be running a mock student teaching day and we’d love for you to be involved if you are available. There is no fee for the day and we’ll even provide lunch!

We are particularly looking for people who have not been on many - or even any - formal bushcraft training courses as well as those who would enjoy refreshing a selection of foundational skills.

Various elements from our short courses will be taught throughout the day, which runs from 09:30 to 18:30.

The venue is one of our main course venues in East Sussex, not far from Crowborough or Tunbridge Wells.

You will be sent exact directions when you register for the day.

These days are a great way for you to gain some free training to build or refresh your bushcraft skills as well as spend a day in the woods with some of the Frontier Bushcraft team and other like-minded people.

One of our senior instructors will be supervising the activities and will be present throughout the day.

There are only 10 places available, on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you are a young person aged 14 years or older, you may attend if you are accompanied by an adult (who is also willing to fully participate in the day). Otherwise, you must be at least 18 years old to attend the day.

To register for the day, click on the link below, which will take you to a page on our online booking system, where you can enter your details:

Register as a participant in the May 1st Mock Student Teaching Day

Once you have registered, the joining instructions will be emailed to you.

I hope to see you in the woods!

Warm regards,

Paul

Paul Kirtley
Chief Instructor
Frontier Bushcraft
www.frontierbushcraft.com

FRONTIER BUSHCRAFT Ltd, PO Box 68161, London, N1 2DB, United Kingdom

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Had a brill day yesterday (vid to follow). Took me 1.5 hours to prep a stick for a fire instead of the usual 15mins. Just so tired and sore. Tried out a hammock I found hiding in the man cave and a new tarp I made 3mx4m - oh, and caught 2 lurkers than ran away when challenged.Just been to the quacks and he gave me yet more pills and made me accept another month of work.
Just been down today and found another 2 English guys wandering around. Seemed OK and was looking for somewhere to do bushy. One has a 13 year old son. Told them about the forum so may have another couple of local members ;)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Here you go. Another bit of the Advanced certification done. One stick fire. Took ages but the weather was good. Going to the Peterborough Bushcraft day tomorrow at Bretton while SWMBO is at her mums ;)
(Notice I've given the channel a name now he he)

[video=youtube;wUyyArBfr34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUyyArBfr34&feature=yo utu.be[/video]

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
SWMBO told me to stop humming and harring and spend £30 (7% off with BCUK members discount at Hennie Haynes). Look what came today

[video=youtube;YcGE1hiq4fQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcGE1hiq4fQ&feature=sh are[/video]

and not a Mora for once AND IT FITS MY BIG HANDS!!!!!!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Hennie Haynes which is why I used that 7% discount ;) Apparently Schrade asked lots of schools what they wanted in a knife and this is the result. It's getting rave reviews everywhere. Not heard a bad word for it yet. Even throws sparks from a ferro with the coating on but it soon scratches off.

Heads up, just went in Poundland and they have bags of easy light kindling. It say it's from Norwich and you just light a corner of a piece to light the fire .....sounds like Fatwood. Just tried some and it melts some sort of resin and then catches

Last edited:

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I'll have a gander in poundland tomorrow then, thanks for the heads up Kev. I went to the greeniversity thing today, met up with Matt and the gang. Cracking set up they've got in the woods. Hoping to get down there and help out over the next few weeks. They're doing a family fun day in the woods in Bretton on Saturday, going to take the tribe along and play in the woods.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I turned up just after 11 and you were all gone. Tried to ring Matt but no answer until after 6pm tonight so did this instead at the Bretton site

[video=youtube;MzFVt_jGEeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzFVt_jGEeQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

May be bust Saturday so might not be able to get. You'll love it there for the Monthly meet

Last edited:

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Yeah, I didn't read the instructions properly, I was wandering through the woods looking for everyone when I gave up and called Matt. They depart by 10:15 and go to the woods in Castor. Thankfully they'd only just set off so he came back! No phone signal in Castor woods at all, complete dead zone.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Yeah, I didn't read the instructions properly, I was wandering through the woods looking for everyone when I gave up and called Matt. They depart by 10:15 and go to the woods in Castor. Thankfully they'd only just set off so he came back! No phone signal in Castor woods at all, complete dead zone.
Open day tomorrow -def at Bretton Matt said - may not make it but if anyone wants to go it's good fun

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
new vid I just uploaded. Get your knife to a razor sharp cutting edge:

[video=youtube;Jw-CI9QsZRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw-CI9QsZRo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE