calling the mod father and or or one of his mootley crew

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now as you are all a ware we have an archery range at the moot most years and i was woundering if it would be possible to have an air rifle shooting range to because if it is i will bring my air rifle and some targets for my self and others to use with there rifles

due to i personally dont think we should be letting others use our guns because they are guns and can do damage and if we let other adults use them we then might have to let kids and that doesnt sit easy with me.

now if we do have a range i am not saying that kids cant shoot just that they will require there own gun and have to know the rules and regs to using one and a parent present

thanks

drew

I think your idea is good, ie air rifle as well as archery but in my opinion the best way would be to have some lanes for competent users and some lanes where a visitor can be taught by someone experienced and responsible.

Ive shot for many years in air rifle competitions and the younger folk are shown the do's and dont's by adults letting them use their kit.
That's how you/we do with bushcraft i would think shooting disciplines are the same.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I think your idea is good, ie air rifle as well as archery but in my opinion the best way would be to have some lanes for competent users and some lanes where a visitor can be taught by someone experienced and responsible.

Ive shot for many years in air rifle competitions and the younger folk are shown the do's and dont's by adults letting them use their kit.
That's how you/we do with bushcraft i would think shooting disciplines are the same.

Definitely. :)

It would be an ideal way to introduce new people to the activity.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its a big event and I would imagine that apart from safety concerns the insurance side of things could be a nightmare.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
To be honest, liability insurance is much cheaper than you think as long as suitable precautions and risk assessments are implemented. If you have archery its just another add on and ill wager it will be negligible

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
The topic is under scrutiny but don't expect an answer soon.

Our permissions on the Moot site are under constant negotiation and we can't always do what we'd like to do.

Ogri the trog

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I'm up for helping out with this if you like. I have been a qualified NRA Ranch Conducting Officer (RCO) for years, I'm on the National Gallery Rifle Shooting Team and I am the Safety and Training Officer for one of the most active shooting clubs in the Country. I help to run the ranges at Bisley during shooting meets on a regular basis and I run a 25m and 50m pistol/rifle/12g range every weekend.

I could probably borrow a couple of single shot air pistols off my club for the Moot. I also have a couple of the air pellet Crossman pistols that take the 8 shot rotary mags.

Personally I would insist on a safety brief, strict safety procedures, supervising adults and eye protection to be worn by shooters and spectators. I'm sure any other experienced shooter would too. An air rifle/pistol range can be run extremely safely and is lots of fun. It is an ideal way to safely introduce Noobs to the discipline as well.

As a practical pistol/rifle/12g shooter and RCO I am always devising fun shooting practices, either static or dynamic. I set up courses of fire, run competitions and define procedures.

I can even bring along my .357 Magnum 7-shot revolver if you want to have some real fun! Only kidding. :D

Chef

P.S. Oh and of course I would keep Drew extremely well supervised and possibly only armed with a Nerf gun!

Last edited:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
I'm up for helping out with this if you like. I have been a qualified NRA Ranch Conducting Officer (RCO) for years, I'm on the National Gallery Rifle Shooting Team and I am the Safety and Training Officer for one of the most active shooting clubs in the Country. I help to run the ranges at Bisley during shooting meets on a regular basis and I run a 25m and 50m pistol/rifle/12g range every weekend.

I could probably borrow a couple of single shot air pistols off my club for the Moot. I also have a couple of the air pellet Crossman pistols that take the 8 shot rotary mags.

Personally I would insist on a safety brief, strict safety procedures, supervising adults and eye protection to be worn by shooters and spectators. I'm sure any other experienced shooter would too. An air rifle/pistol range can be run extremely safely and is lots of fun. It is an ideal way to safely introduce Noobs to the discipline as well.

As a practical pistol/rifle/12g shooter and RCO I am always devising fun shooting practices, either static or dynamic. I set up courses of fire, run competitions and define procedures.

I can even bring along my .357 Magnum 7-shot revolver if you want to have some real fun! Only kidding. :D

Chef

P.S. Oh and of course I would keep Drew extremely well supervised and possibly only armed with a Nerf gun!

cheeky begger and i help run my own scout district gun club may you know

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE