Caldera cone clone.....

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
yep works fine. generate code, paste into notepad, save with .ps file type. open in adobe. i use adobe x pro so dont know if it works with acrobat reader. if you want me to output your schematic just pm me your email address and we can go from there

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
mucho googling reveals the flaw. If you're on a mac you need to set the format to plain text, then save it as a unicode formatted ps file. I love it when all the fan boys tell you how much easier 'everything' is on a mac.

Anyway, Job done :)

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
mwuhahahhaaaaa ;)

I've got a 'bodgy' stove I've been tinkering with for new ideas. it jets inwards and has some god awful raggedy holes cut above it (i did say it was bodgy) into the pot support section. Like that it runs TOO hot and consumes meths faster than a tramp, so i figure I'll trim the pot support bit and try it in the caldera clone. Now you know why i was interested in your experience with the tektoba stove.....

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
True enough, although its so cheap you can just cut another one I guess. the other source I saw mentioned was 2nd hand al ducting for AC systems. I need to do some measuring/tinkering there....

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
i cant recall how thick mine was, ill try and dig out the invoice late and see. got mine from multifoil.co.uk. But i got a 3 kg roll. not sure if they do small quantities but would imagine they have offcuts. no connection etc etc

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ah! Righto. [I was on the scrounge. :eek:]

If anyone makes one for a 0.7l pot, to fit the vargo lite, or snowpeak 700, or equivalent alpkit ti 700 mug, I would greatly appreciate an email of a copy of the file.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes, I know, Im just lazy. I've been meaning to for a while now, and should get on with it.
There must be people who have made the exact calculations for a 700 pot and have it saved as a file on their desktops though. I will give it a go...

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The actual Ti-Tri stove, or sidewinder [titanium] which is the one I want as it doubles as a wood burner [with two titanium tent pegs across the top] is made from .005" Titanium foil, which is sold by TiGoat, who collaborated with Traildesigns to manufacture it. But Its very expensive for what it is. If, or when I make mine, I'll be buying some Titanium foil off Ebay, in the same thickness.

You can buy a metre of titanium foil, about 0.12mm thick off ebay for £30. [This would be perfect for it]

If anyone fancy going halves on a sheet with me, [£15each] and making their own?

This kinda thing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271040574...2mo=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE