bust tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thought I'd check out my trusty, old Phoenix Phreak before Billing - not had it up for a couple of years.

Got it ok, tried adjusting it and the plastic bit that hold the poles to make the A legs snapped. Anyone know of a repair placethat may be able to make something. The bit fits inside the poles, rather than over as on a Force 10.

Rather pay to get it fix - it served me very well plus I hate the idea of pay in £100 or so for a new 4 seasons tent.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Where abouts in West Yorks. are you? We do tent repairs where I work, we also stock a good deal of spare parts, it may be we have what you need.
I work for CCC outdoors (Mitchells) in Wakefield.

Edited to add; If we can't fix it There is a company in Bolton I think, called Tent Valeting services that we sometimes refer people to, I don't have their details at the mo. but I'm back in work Saturday and could get the details then if you like?

EdS

Bushblade,

I live in Bradford but work in Huddersfield (well Bradley). I was going to call a CCC this or early next week as I pass quite often. When are you about next week.

ESpy - if I get some sort of replacement made I'll try to get you one as well. My boss is going to have a look and see if he can make somethink out of pipe or alloy moulding - he makes large motorised model tank, some of which fire shot gun cartridges!

The angles are the same as on a Force 10 so I tried the piece from ours - poles to wide to fit. However, if I can find a cheaper one with more rubbery/flexible plastic it might just work

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Immediate ideas that spring to mind:

Drill the centre of the legs of that part, splint with some music wire & epoxy;
A piece of suitable diameter rod bent to about 60 degrees.
Cast a duplicate in brass (a little more time consuming)

If you do source one, I'd be interested in saving the time, thanks!

EdS

I thought copper pipe as a sleeve, flaten it in the middle drill this bit to take the elastic or a keyring hoop so it doesnt wear the elastic.

Then bend this through 60' and slide the legs in - bit like a standard A top. I've got some suitable copper pipe kicking around, although I will have to pad the legs with duck tape a touch.

I might see if boss can cast some thing in alloy - lighter than brass. I've never tried casting brass, it sound fun though.

I though about epoxy but not sure if it would take any twisting. Also if the plastic has weakened on onside I guess the otherside is suspect to.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
EdS said:
Bushblade,

I live in Bradford but work in Huddersfield (well Bradley). I was going to call a CCC this or early next week as I pass quite often. When are you about next week.

ESpy - if I get some sort of replacement made I'll try to get you one as well. My boss is going to have a look and see if he can make somethink out of pipe or alloy moulding - he makes large motorised model tank, some of which fire shot gun cartridges!

The angles are the same as on a Force 10 so I tried the piece from ours - poles to wide to fit. However, if I can find a cheaper one with more rubbery/flexible plastic it might just work

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, can't imagine what was prevevnting me :roll:
I'm in all this week, but the guy you need to see would be Andrew Sharp for repairs, however he is off Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Best thing to do is phone up first, the guys in the tent department would be able to give you better advice than I could, and probably be able to order you the part you need if we don't have it in stock.
I hope this helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE