Busse FSH Double Cut/Standard Black Linen Grips

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
SALE WITHDRAWN

Here is the knife...

100_0785.jpg

It has Busse's bead blasting finish ( Double Cut by name ) and has standard width grips which are better in my view as the larger ones give you hot spots with heavy chopping. The blade is 8 inches long and .25 wide which is the thinnest profile for a Busse FSH and gives the knife a nice light/fast feel to it.

The knife by reputation is the best camp/combat knife Busse do and is the knife on their logo....it handles really well in this capacity....and ofcourse the knife is made from Infi Steel which is well known for it's edge holding and lack of chipping together with incredible strength. The only steel to have survived the destruction tests on knifetest.com .....there are plenty reviews there of Infi knives to see it's special properties.

The knife has some kydex markings on it...I had two of these and one kydex sheath...sold one some time back together with the sheath and this one has not been used but was put in and out of the sheath sometimes...mainly when I first got them.

Here are the kydex rub marks...they are hard to see in normal light and are very slight rub marks on the powder but if angled in certain ways they do show...

P1000856.jpg

P1000857.jpg

I think some of these marks might well wash off or rather "blend in" if the knife were washed and cleaned in soapy water....initially with a bead blasted finish there is a light powdered coating which does rub off and leaves a harder gun metal grey underneath....I have'nt cleaned the knife up like this but after a little use and cleaning you will see what I mean.

I have to say I am a big fan of Infi Steel in an application of a knife such as this...like 01 it is easy to sharpen and perhaps easier...you can strop the edge which is convex after a days use and it comes back to a razor edge very quickly....I am only selling this one as I have another FSH variant which I got from the Custom Shop and which fits my uses more...mine has a serrated clip on the spine which is useful on clearing small leafy branches....a personal preference...this one though would excel much easier at battoning as it has a normal spine. Infact the chopping ability of these knives is excellent...well up with my issue and even my CS Khukri...they fit in nicely as a pack knife even in the smallest of daysacks and work just as well as a SFA for everything IMO...small/medium trees are not a problem...it also can be carried well like an Axe being tucked in round the back in an angle cross draw...it is just the right size to not have protruding handles or the bottoms of sheaths which can catch when you are swinging your arms when walking. I carry mine on my webbing like this and it works great.

Price for this is £300(£340) by cheque or money/postal order...I will pay for the RMSD and insurance and tracking....and will send you the tracking number and post the knife as soon as funds clear. I will also cover postage to Europe/abroad up to £15.00 and if more then I would ask for a contribution but this ought to cover most countries in Western Europe/EEC and the advantage here is that you don't have to pay duty as I have already done that. The knife cost me way more....and on top of that I had to pay shipping $38 and import duty and parcelforce fee...compared to bring one in you are saving £144 on the price I paid plus a further £110 on duty/postage/parcelforce fee...

If you check out the Busse Forum on Bladeforums you will see how much these go for...it's a great price! Sheath wise they are easily ordered and there are a few great leathersmiths over here or USA ...

I am advertising it here first because it makes sense for those interested in such knives to save on duty and higher shipping costs...but I may list it on other forums and therefore please PM me if you want the knife. E-mail is best...my e-mail is PeterPHWS@aol.com .... the knife goes to the first offer received and I can determine that best by e-mail which is how I will do it so please note this requirement....

Thanks for looking....

Last edited:

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Thanks for the concern...but I want to make sure if advertising elsewhere there is no problem resolving who has bought the knife....unlikely I know...but Murphy's law says that if advertised elsewhere you will end up with two potential buyers....

Hopefully Spammers have a more lucrative mailing list than mine....:empty:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE