BushMoot 2022 dates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Any ideas as to rules for fires, twig stoves and material gathering and the like at Cranham?
Fallen wood is fair game, altar fires/fire bases are usually provided or bring your own. Just not on the ground I suspect like most scout sites. To be fair, that's actually less restrictive than the moot site now.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
yeah, off the ground should be fine, not sure there will be any fallen wood, they're having a big tidy up and working on the hedges, restoring areas etc. We'll have a better picture when we're down there in person.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Fallen wood is fair game, altar fires/fire bases are usually provided or bring your own. Just not on the ground I suspect like most scout sites. To be fair, that's actually less restrictive than the moot site now.

yeah, off the ground should be fine, not sure there will be any fallen wood, they're having a big tidy up and working on the hedges, restoring areas etc. We'll have a better picture when we're down there in person.
Thank you.

py6km

Mar 4, 2014
UK
Looks like a nice site, and much nearer to me than the normal one, which means I might actually be able to make it for a bit of a rest!! Will keep an eye on the thread

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Things for the WinterMoot (14-20th Feb 2021) should be sorted for this coming weekend, we're visiting Friday to make sure it will work for us all and discuss logistics, so we'll let everyone know early next week.

SummerMoot, all good for 25th July - 6th August
The use of site will be the same as this year (2021) but I'm afraid the prices have to go up, I'm not sure yet exactly how much but likely £275 for an adult & £140 for youth, £0 for youngsters - for the whole event.

Reactions: nigelp

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'm hoping to make it for a couple of days for the summer moot, but wife wants us to go away and it's a bit difficult to do that then come straight back for a 2nd holiday. Did it last year and it didn't make me any friends at work!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Haha, I never said they were friends to begin with, they certainly aren't now :) anyway, I'll keep an eye on things and see what I can do.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It was a good visit, we're just waiting for prices to come through.
For a little while I was thinking we'd squeeze the Summer one in there as well but on consideration that wouldn't work.

It's a nice site, will do us for the Winter Moot, there's enough room, it feels wooded although there's not a huge amount fo trees there's enough for hammocks and there's space for tents etc, access to water and facilities and they seem easy going.
Access is good, parking should be adequate and I should have a final decision in the next day or so.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE