BushMoot 2022 dates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I may well have been asleep when all the rest of the world was informed... but ... do we have dates for 2022?

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Likely to be the same week as this year for summer if that's the one you mean. Which is a bit of a ****** as one of Steve's colleagues has already booked it off.

I may actually be going away with the scouts this year to Germany which will be my first moot off since 2012.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Not a big deal for me as I am an OAP but want to make sure Kim can book the right time off. Thanks for the feedback.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Yeah the half term just means I'm abandoning the Mrs with the kids which makes it less likely I can go, not more :)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
If you're still looking for a venue, cranham has good facilities and isn't far from South Wales. Not too far from a tesco, very quiet area, trees for hammocking and has a stream running through a site. Plus Sargey will have no excuse not to turn up.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
In talks with the guy at Cranham, it will probably be there, he's away will the start of Nov for the definitive answer but it definitely look like it can work.

I've also been talking to the site in Swansea, but cost and logistics is sticky on that one, £750+ just for loos to be brought onto site... Bit of a mare...

Still looking at a few other sites as well just in case, that's where we're up to at the moment though and those dates of 14-20th are still good.

Sorry it's not all set in stone already, I know it's a hassle for people trying to make plans.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'm very much in favour of cranham. Much easier to get to for me as well, nice quiet site and close to my old work so I may get a few visitors. What's the day price?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Cranham seems nice, there's concerns about damaging grass and also we need to look at getting stuff down the far end of The Grove etc. We're due to meet up there early Nov, we'll also nail down pricing then but I expect that we're looking at £100 for the week and £20/day tasters etc part of that and meals/breakfast on top of that...

Reactions: tim_n

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
It does have phone reception but will at least make Paddy's trip a bit easier. Think it's about £90 to goto bridgend from Paddington, only £58 to Gloucester!

Also looking forward to popping over to Cheltenham for an evening and saying hi to the Cheltenham Hackspace crew.

Last edited:

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Any ideas as to rules for fires, twig stoves and material gathering and the like at Cranham?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE