Bushmoot 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Yes yes yes... a little early...

However some of us workers have to book our holidays ages in advance, especially when they're during the summer holidays as those pesky parents with kids like jetting off to sunny destinations to get drunk etc.

So we like to pip them at the post and get in early - especially against those blighters with olympic tickets

So roughly Tony, what are the dates? There's three weekends over the olympics, so I'm guessing:

26th Jul - 2nd Aug
2nd Aug - 9th Aug
9th Aug - 16th Aug

Best dates for me would be either 26th Jul - 2nd so I can celebrate my 30th at the moot or the 2nd - 9th Aug which means I'll be expecting carousel

If I'm to go with my wife next year, I'll need to know quite early :( I'm already booked off for the 18th-25th August :)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm sure we'll know by next April. :) I thought it was likely to be 9 - 16 Aug.

Last edited:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The staff had a meeting about this on wednesday, but Tony also mentioned at one of the public morning meetings that it was happening at the same time as the olympics :) ...... Nothing set in stone yet but probably somewhere in the first 2 weeks of august ..... its a case of watch this space ;)

Ed

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
April will definitely be too late unfortunately imagedude, my wife has to book holiday for november? I think and I have to book before January. Worked well this year because I think I knew the dates earlier, but wife couldn't make it!

Aug 14, 2011
Merthyr Mawr
I'll be there next year. It's just down the lane from where I live. I popped in for a couple of hours this year as well (in disguise) just to have a look at John Fenna's, Mesquite and Rolly's camp set up (very impressed), but they didn't spot me as I had my cammo bikini on.

Love and kisses,

Betty

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You should have stayed a while - I could have let you sample my selection of fine hedgerow wines and spirits (OK the nettle beer is better for replacing sennacot that serious session drinking but we could skip that:) )
Next year we can even offer you one of Mesquites excellent meals...and even a place to sleep if you like :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You should have stayed a while - I could have let you sample my selection of fine hedgerow wines and spirits (OK the nettle beer is better for replacing sennacot that serious session drinking but we could skip that:) )
Next year we can even offer you one of Mesquites excellent meals...and even a place to sleep if you like :)

I'd be more than happy to cook for Betty... especially as you'd only offer her ratpack fare John:rolleyes:

But a word of advice Betty. If John offers to do the starter and suggests nettle soup steer well clear of it. It has the same qualities as his nettle beer... you'll more than likely be doing the knocked knee dash for the facilities as John did after imbibing his beer :yikes:

And as for a place to sleep... you're free to use my bed... Firecrest found it extremely comfortable on a couple occasions during the last moot :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE