BushMoot 2015 Dates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I have a folding chair thing that lets me sit on the floor with my back supported. It's great! Coz it goes in my loue and makes me look all sophisticated and camping ready especially if I have a little table with a glass of something nice on it beside me. With the firebox glowing, supper simmering, a book in hand, birdsong in the air, no midgies, the distant sound of laughing and chatting, an almost finished spoon by my side and the promise of an interesting workshop in the offing. Aaaah, it all sounds idyllic. It's my first time. What do I know?

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
So how do people keep their food cool-ish for the ten days? Bucket of water? Cooling stream? The only refridgeables I'm bringing are bacon, almond milk, and maybe some other meat. Suggestions welcomed - polite ones!

Oh yeah, I wrote this down when I came up with my own solution- bring tinned or imperishable meat. But what about the bacon? I like bacon. Last week something tried to share my bacon. It didn't go well.

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
We are bringing 4 small ice packs and a small coolbag. A refreezing service has been mentioned in another thread.
And oh, we like bacon as well. What's the bacon - Jaffa cake exchange rate:rolleyes:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hmm Good question 1 rasher = 2 jaffas? Others may be more familiar with the currency and exchange rates..

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
'Twas the night before Bushmoot and all through the house nothing was stirring, not even a Mouse.

The suspension groaned gently and the trailer tarp creaked but the children were tucked up early and all fast asleep.

In the dawn they shall rise and cause such a kerfuffle , one wife and 3 kids and a last minute duffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Hmm, you've not seen my house the night before bushmoot

Lots of swearing as I discovered the last person to use my hennessey had left the lines tangled

Tarps had gone missing

Where are my %^&$£"!!! waterproofs?

at 4am "I've not packed my sleeping bag!"

'Twas the night before Bushmoot and all through the house nothing was stirring, not even a Mouse.

The suspension groaned gently and the trailer tarp creaked but the children were tucked up early and all fast asleep.

In the dawn they shall rise and cause such a kerfuffle , one wife and 3 kids and a last minute duffle.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Well we are back from our week and what a great Moot we had! Weather was unkind but my mob were all dry and happy, never lacking things to do or adventures to talk about.

Weather now looks like it has picked up for the remainder of the days and good luck to you all.

Thank you Tony, Shelly and team for another cracking bit of organisation.

As my 3rd Bushmoot this one was the best so far.

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
It was absolutely great, as a first timer I wondered what it would be like. Fantastic doesn't do it justice, bliss is closer. Thank you to the staff, organisers, the other organisers, the dis organisers, the Jaffa cake eaters, the auction bidders, the sponsors, the campers, hammockers, vanners, biviers, eaters, singers, storytellers, grumblers, makers, bakers, crafters, skill builders, stick lovers, late night loo visitors, late night loue visitors, invading rodentiae.. And anyone who feels they are not on this list. I am humbled and gratified to have been a part of something rather wonderful...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE