Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2006
Swansea
I am thinking about going to this years event with my two kids for the first time, I will be pitching a tent but was wondering about food , do we bring it with us or is there some sort of shop for perishable goods like milk bacon etc
Thanks Muzz:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
There's a Teso and a Lidl a few miles up the road, usually someone will give you a lift if you havn't got transport.

A very family/children friendly environment, it'll be good to see you there.

regards

beach bum

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Beach Bum has it spot on. There's a number of shops and the town itself just a few miles away from the site. We always have a more communal meal one evening which is traditionally a Hangi, the idea here is that people get to eat food from the Hangi as well as whatever they want to put with it. We usually do meats and in the past we've had beef, pork, lamb, pigeon, rabbit, venison as well as potatoes and other root veg. Enough for everyone to have a some. We usually do some sausages on the BBQ as well just in case :D

It will be great to have you, it's a great spot for families, safe and plenty to explore.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Just wanted to mention my cousin has booked a place with her two young children and a baby. It doesnt ask how many children you are bringing so I just thought Id mention it. Her computer packed up a while ago so she had to do the transaction through me. I know someone else is bringing a baby to.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Beach Bum has it spot on. There's a number of shops and the town itself just a few miles away from the site. We always have a more communal meal one evening which is traditionally a Hangi, the idea here is that people get to eat food from the Hangi as well as whatever they want to put with it. We usually do meats and in the past we've had beef, pork, lamb, pigeon, rabbit, venison as well as potatoes and other root veg. Enough for everyone to have a some. We usually do some sausages on the BBQ as well just in case :D

It will be great to have you, it's a great spot for families, safe and plenty to explore.

Jealous!!:rolleyes:

Apr 10, 2008
Stafford
I'll be there with my 3 yo daughter, and a friend and his 3 yo daughter will be with us!

Is it possible to park and camp next to the car? Don't want to have to carry stuff too far especilly wit the kids :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's unlikely that you'll be able to camp right next to the car, although they have opened up more of the woodland and that may allow you to camp just off the track and be able to have your car close, if not right next to you. But hey, anything is possible ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
not sure what you mean by one area? We all camp within the boundaries of the camping area which is big, you can spread out as much as you like over many acres, most people stay within about 300m of the central area but some go way out, string up a hammock and are disturbed by no one :D

There's clear areas within the woodland for tents as well as a plethora of trees for hammocks, tarps, bivis' etc

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
thats generally what I meant. its just at the midlands meet we had a small wood to explore but could only camp within a small section of the wood, so we were all quite close together.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm gonna make this moot this year. I'll be calling my boss on monday to get time off, and inform him that I may be sick on those dates if I don't get the time! As far as I xam concerned, 15 blokes just walked away from his company so he is pretty low on man power! Better give me what I want or it will be 16 blokes!

Not sure what The Ratbag has planned, but we are currently stocking up on rook breasts for a game pie or game stew at some point in the future. Not old scabby birds but sprightly young branchers, the meat looks very tender and pink. Hopefully I will get some pigeon when I go out shooting with an unnnamed member of the site (I'll spare you the blushes! :D) who has very kindly offered to have me along for a bit of shotgun action in the future, and add some rabbit to that and we may have the start of a good stew or pie. Squirrels are very absent at the moment, but they'll be back soon and will complete the four creature stew/pie. If we are both in attendance, it would be nice to bring lots along so that people can have a try if they wish. I'll leave the cooking to our resident 10th century viking if he doesn't mind! I hear he does a mean wild game stew!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Um....Are people going to be shooting within the grounds? It's just there looks to be alot of kids about.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
No, I think he's refereeing to before the Moot, there will be no general shooting, sometimes one or two of the mods go and see if there's any rabbits about but it's not a hard and fast thing.

No Dogs either, someone told me at the weekend that they knew of someone taking a dog, if anyone is thinking about it, please don't.

....Although spamel does need a forth creature :naughty:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
To be honest I'm not sure, I've not seen one about but you never know, Stuart might well have a better idea as he's from over that way. Next time i have contact with the site i'll ask some questions about it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE