Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
The big question is "Where is the nearest farm shop that we can by all that lovely local produce from?"

Not that I'm a foodie or anything.........:D
there is, according to a local Ogmore-by-sea lass who works in the same building as I, a farm shop that sells meat, just down the road (and a cross the steping stones) so as I have more details I will let you know

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
All this info on where to by good food could change the eating habits of hundreds at the Moot :D I know i'll be making a trip to some of those places listed, I should add the info to the Moot info that we're sending out to people.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Excellent :D

Tony, I think it would be great for the local business to get a boost from us! and they certainly will if you add directions to them in the handout :)

I imagine that having a Tesco's down the road from them has hit their business hard, I know it did around here.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I've just spoken to Peter Davies of Slade organics who is more than able to supply what ever meat is needed, all he asks is a bit of notice (couple of weeks for large groups, as all his beef his hung for three weeks, (yes even the burget meat). He has a farm shop where you can pop, it's on the Coast road from Ormore-by-sea heading towards Southerndown.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Presumably we cant eat the local wildlife, but what about grey squirrels?

*Ive never even caught one, its more of a hypothetical question in my case!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It would be more a case of how you would catch them than if you can eat them, there's a lot of people there so you can set out snares etc, you can't shoot them and if you can catch one barehanded you deserve to eat it :D

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
It would be more a case of how you would catch them than if you can eat them, there's a lot of people there so you can set out snares etc, you can't shoot them and if you can catch one barehanded you deserve to eat it :D

What if you lure them into your tent with the promise of nutty treats, only trap them in a large butterfly net? *pith helmet and large moustache optional.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London

It's probably my dyslexia but I read that as "Bearhanded" which left me with the image of a guy crouching down, with a wicket keepers glove on, while a soundman lobs chloroformed squirrels infront of a camera.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
When my aunt had a pet squirrel, when it became an adult male and grew an enormous pair of testosterone filled swingers it used to beat us all up for chocolate. They appear to absolutely love cadburys Boost bars. If you had one it would sit on your shoulder and growl down your ear, if you didnt give it any it would grab it out of your hands and quite often bite you for not handing it over immediately.
The only thing that squirrel was afraid of was the Love Bird. They were mortal enemies. the bird used to chase it round.
Needless to say they dont make fantastic pets.

Ah yes, er back on subject! Bait your squirrel trap with Boost bars...:)

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
I am very envious of all those going to the moot. Sadly won't make it this year; fingers-crossed for 2009.

Does anyone know if the site is available at other times of the year for camping? If so, how do you contact them for booking etc.?

I'm visiting friends in Cardiff in a couple of weekends and thought it would be more fun if we camped (in Pignut's old tent -eek!). I think there is a campsite at Southerndown, too, but unlikely to offer as much as the Merthyr Mawr site.

Thanks,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE