bushknife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Looks like a standard liner lock knife. ;)

You can see the lock in the "liner" just below the bird if you enlarge the picture.

If you don't mind me asking, were you considering this knife for bushcraft ?

Robbie Roberson ;)

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
I was possibly considering it for light work. But I was hoping more along the lines of a legal pocket knife.

The later of the two options is now out of the question. I've just been looking for something similar in price and design. Only legal. IE non-locking and a blade 3" or under.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
That would probably be ok as a hunting and utility knife but I doubt that it's all that well suited of bushcraft. To be honest, and this is just my personal opinion, I would pay a little more and get a better folder. Some of the knives Benchmade has in 440C are pretty good buys, like the Griptilian. It has a great lock on it too. Worth the extra moola, imo.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I recently bought an Opinel No8, which because of the length and locking ring isn't a legal carry either, but I really like the knife. (Thanks to whoever sang its praises is another thread, I can't remember who it was.) I think it's a hell of a knife for the money.

My point is, if I was looking for a sub 3" non-locking folder, I'd certainly be considering the smaller Opinels. I think the No5 has a 2 ⅜'' blade.

Adrian M

Aug 25, 2005
To close to London !!
I've just bought a No5 Opinel as a legal every day carry. It's a really nice knife although a bit small (everything in proportion !) The blade is very good (sharp) and it fits in the pocket very well. Havn't used it much yet ....but I will.

AdrianM

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
That very much depends on wear and moisture... I have a non-locking No 6 (had it for years) but the hinge is quite loose - generally I hold that one by the blade for safety.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE