Bushcrafty shops etc in and around Amsterdam

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi to all our Dutch friends,

I will be in Amsterdam again for a few days for work. The trouble is I am based near the Amsterdam Zuid/Amstelveen area and only back in town during the evenings. Are there any bushcrafty (Army surplus etc) shops etc that I could get to during my luch break of say an hour from where I will be?

If not I will head to the canteen for a sandwhich as usual :(

Cheers,
Steve
PS if I have not replied to any PMs etc in the last week or so, please forgive me but I have had a third of my team overseas and it's been a bit busy!

there are a couple of army surplus shops in amsterdamn one is called dump which has got all sorts of shiney kit and another which i cant remember the name of but it was more ducth forces kit bought myself a lovely dutch air force pack from there.
they are both reasonably near one of the flying pig hostels
hope this helps a bit
regards
Sam

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Thanks to both for your replies.

I made it as far as the 'Dump' store in Ferdinand Bolstraat today. A good little surplus store although the clothing prices are not unmissably cheap.

I have been after a shoulder bag for carrying bits 'n' bobs and they had a few. There were some new (non-exmil) which had a strap but the fittings were not very strong. I asked and the helpful chap in the store found some genuine surplus ones which were made of really thick canvas. These had removable rucksack style straps only. After some searching elsewhere he found a suitable shoulder strap which he threw in for nowt.

Just over my lunch hour but I'm a happy chap.
Cheers,
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE