Bushcraftuk, the best bushcraft site in the web?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I have to agree, I like BCUK :)
the problem I've found reading other forums is that where as BCUK focuses on bushcraft and traditional crafts some other forums also have a lot of stuff about emergency bug out bags, end of the world scare mongering, personal defence and tin foil hats. Thankfully there isn't much of that on here :)

Last edited:

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
This is an excellent site!

I don't post much - I have very little wisdom to impart, but I've learned so much from other people asking the right questions. I'm also very impressed with the patience shown with the oft repeated questions - so often on forums the standard reply is simply "use the search function!" The people here are very generous with their time and knowledge.

There's also so much inspiration to be had from folks sharing their projects and experiences.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks all for the feedback and the uplifting comments, it's great to know that all the hard work by everyone involved is appreciated and valued. We're working on the site to make it even better so we appreciate the support, you're a great bunch of people goodjob

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
in the wise words of the ned...pure quality site muckers!!

in seriousness the site is not only great but i've been privilaged to attend a meet & was made welcome by everyone from the off & had a great nite with like minded folk....cant beat it!!

keep up the good work.

cheers

gaz!

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
What I love about this forum is that it is PACKED with a huge amount of information and helpful people in nearly every single subject related to outdoor life aswell as bushcraft.

You have everything from the "Berghaus Brigade"and "Karrimor Krew" with there high tec gadgets which for me defeat the object of bushcraft and turn it into sleeping in a 5 star tent in the woods. Then we have the hardcore countryman who can seem to build a shelter, fire, etc with just a knife and some know how.

Being a newbie I have learnt and found out quite shockingly amazing skills in the very short time I have been a member, and I was surprised by how complex the outdoors and the way we can live out there is.

Thankyou to everyone on this forum and especially the mods. Keep contributing and hopefully when I gain enough knowledge, I will contribute aswell. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE