Bushcraftuk, the best bushcraft site in the web?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Raybennett

Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Biddulph staffs
In my opinion this is a fantastic site. Everybody seems very helpful. Indeed a very kind person on here posted me a ray mears survival book. Very kind. And another chap has sent me a copy of thebushcraft magazine. Fantastic! Another local chap has offered to borrow some kit I'm short of. It feels like a real community. Not to mention the help and advice. Basically a fantastic site full of great people. Even the advice isn't condescending. Great stuff.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I'll go with that too, have had loads of help & been humbled by members kindness and willingness to help lots of times

Good works fellers & felleresses!

jtbutcher

Jan 18, 2011
Warwickshire, UK
I have found no reason to go looking much elsewhere, mind you I only found it by accident due to looking up information on my hammock and by chance followed a link back from the hammock forums. I'm glad I did find it though, I have been inspired, now I just need some time to follow up the inspiration :p

E

ex member coconino

Indeed. My experience as a newbie here is that it's a very welcoming board with a knowledgeable and helpful population.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
It's nice to get some positive feedback... Means we're doing something right !. But as with all forums, the best content comes from the people who join so you only have yourselves to thank !!. There is a fair bit of "behind the scenes" stuff that goes on as well to keep the nupties and the spammers away and I give the backroom boys n girls a round of applause for the hard work they put in too !!

Raybennett

Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Biddulph staffs
It's nice to get some positive feedback... Means we're doing something right !. But as with all forums, the best content comes from the people who join so you only have yourselves to thank !!. There is a fair bit of "behind the scenes" stuff that goes on as well to keep the nupties and the spammers away and I give the backroom boys n girls a round of applause for the hard work they put in too !!

Here here!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
seconded!
:35::35::35::35::35::35::35::35::35::35::35:

Nah! it's a load of old b****cks! Full of people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about and wouldn't know the real world if it danced naked on a piano singing "I'm a real world!"

Oh sh*t wrong tab! (my other tab's a politics forum) - Mods - how do I edit?

This site is my number one bookmark - I'm fortunate enough to have received extensive military training in all matters survival in many different environments and I've learned (and continue to learn) as much from this site as I have from my job. I also think this site is very well and above all consistently moderated - I've received pm's from them - giving me a rap on the knuckles for contentious posts - and praising some of my more enlightened offerings. Above all though, there is never any patronising or condescension - they clearly recognise that even a first time newbie has something to offer and their judgement on some of the more contentious threads has been spot on IMO.

Having said that - don't rest on your laurels guys and gals. maintaining excellence is far harder than achieving it in the first place but very well done so far...!

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
I've got to agree, its a great forum to use and learn from.

Firstly for the wealth of knowledge shown and shared (especially by the older folks :p) and secondly for the generosity of the members towards each other, something I find quite unique to this forum.

Dues must also be paid to the ladies and gents that make it happen :35:

ATB

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
If Carlsberg made forums .....

Agree On both counts :)

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
this damn website almost got me sacked. The boss caught me on it when I was supposed to be working hard. Now I'm dragging him up mountains on a regular basis, got someone else from the office out in the woods with me and several bods at work now have wooden tea spoons on their desk.

And it's all your fault! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE